PDA

View Full Version : I need to contact a Marine recruiter

Gaudi Gabriev
10-15-09, 02:30 AM
I am a 19 year old male who's currently on med-school. I am not American but I do have a passport which allows me to go to the USA whenever I go to the border and the border officers allow me.

My question is simple. Is there a way for me to join the Marines on their medical branch or there is just no way for me to join or contact a Marine recruiter?

ecom
10-15-09, 04:06 AM
You either need to be a US citizen or LPR to enlist.

Zulu 36
10-15-09, 06:38 AM
I am a 19 year old male who's currently on med-school. I am not American but I do have a passport which allows me to go to the USA whenever I go to the border and the border officers allow me.

My question is simple. Is there a way for me to join the Marines on their medical branch or there is just no way for me to join or contact a Marine recruiter?

The Marine Corps does not have their own medical personnel. Those folks are supplied by the US Navy.

To join any branch of the US Military, you have to be at least a permanent resident (green card holder), and that is only good to come in as an enlisted person. To be an officer, even a medical officer, you have to be a US citizen.

These are non-waiverable rules. However, nothing stops you from coming over and speaking with a recruiter to get first hand information for future use. The Army and Air Force both provide their own medical personnel.

0331 2 0369
10-15-09, 06:49 AM
Two reply's and no profile. Must be one of those secret squirrel handshakes.

Phantom Blooper
10-15-09, 06:58 AM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
10-15-09, 10:41 AM
Two reply's and no profile. Must be one of those secret squirrel handshakes.

http://www.ee.unimelb.edu.au/people/warfield/images/squirrel.jpg

I always thought....no profile, no replies.

Wyoming
10-15-09, 11:15 AM
http://www.ee.unimelb.edu.au/people/warfield/images/squirrel.jpg

I always thought....no profile, no replies.

If only it were so, if only it were so!! . :(

Gaudi Gabriev
10-18-09, 05:52 PM
Ok, thanks for the information. It was worth asking anyway