PDA

View Full Version : Can I get in (2 Felonies)

KurtisMH
10-14-09, 06:01 PM
Ok, so here is where I am concerned I am almost 19 now and back when I was technically 12 I was charged with GSI and Sexual Battery, I know what your thinking but it actually wasn't anything like...

Lisa 23
10-14-09, 06:05 PM
You've got a Private Message!

BR34
10-14-09, 06:14 PM
Kurtis, your timing is crazy. Check out this link about recruits who have been sex offenders.

Maj. Gen. Robert Milstead said in early October that the Corps will no longer allow anyone with a felony or misdemeanor sexual offense to enlist, even if there are extenuating circumstances,
“We’ve tightened up for this year. We just won’t take them,” Milstead said of those with a previous sex offense. “It’s just not worth the churn. Even if it’s a great guy, it’s just not worth it on this playing field with the media. We just don’t need it.”

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/10/marine_recruiting_101309w/

Even when it was allowed it was still extremely rare. The Corps only allowed 8 recruits with such a history to join from Oct 2006 to June 2008.

commdog7
10-14-09, 06:49 PM
BR is right, being a sex offender is an automatic disqualification. A MarAdmin came out recently after it was discovered 2 sex offenders were stationed in Pendleton, the policy is an automatic...

kfisbusy
10-14-09, 09:52 PM
:evilgrin:Will Kurtis I guess you fu*ked up SSGT. Francisco

sparkie
10-15-09, 06:39 AM
Wow,,an offence at 12? I guess now a days, I coulda been locked up for life. Don't all kids mess around?
That sucks for you, Son.

KurtisMH
10-15-09, 08:25 PM
theres the thing I was never classified as a sexual offender of any kind, Theres no alert where I move, I've never had to sign anything as a sexual Offender, So thats why I was wondering in fact my probation officer even said that I didn't have to tell anyone because it was irrelevant and since I wasn't a labeled sex offender at all,

Thats why i'm curious more or less cause by my state i'm not labeled a sex offender in an shape or form.

KurtisMH
10-15-09, 08:36 PM
Btw thank you for your answers and i'm glad to say i'm at least not a registered sex offender and have straightened up my life after taking ownership with what had happened, am i upset with what I did yeah but i've worked hard and it sucks that something as silly as exposure and experimentation can ruin someones life at a young age

Rooting for all of you guys,
Kurtis

Lisa 23
10-15-09, 09:12 PM
Btw thank you for your answers and i'm glad to say i'm at least not a registered sex offender and have straightened up my life after taking ownership with what had happened, am i upset with what I did yeah but i've worked hard and it sucks that something as silly as exposure and experimentation can ruin someones life at a young age

Rooting for all of you guys,
Kurtis
How about.....rooting for all of you MARINES!

BR34
10-15-09, 09:26 PM
Hey, Kurtis, why don't you call a Marine recruiter and explain the situation to him and see what he has to say.

KurtisMH
10-16-09, 11:47 AM
btw i'm sorry thank you Marines

Phantom Blooper
10-16-09, 06:49 PM
BR is right

Damn...almost fell out of my seat and was fixing on having my bride call 911!

BR34 and commdog7 have finally agreed on something!

Who after all these months and posts would have ever thought that?

:beer::beer:

:evilgrin:

sparkie
10-16-09, 07:06 PM
Yep,,,,,, Me and BR have been agreeing,,,,,,,Meybe he grew up.