PDA

View Full Version : Lat move to CID

jdpownall
10-14-09, 03:18 PM
Are there any CID reservists out there? I am trying to do a lat move into the 5821 field. I am currently in the IRR and was previously in the SMCR as a 0811 (artillery). I am looking for any info on making the switch in either the SMCR or active duty. I know the basic requirements for getting accepted. But I still have some questions. Can you tell me what reserve CID agents do during drill? What schools will I need to go to? I know on active duty you do 6 months of OJT and then if you are still standing after that, you get sent to ASAC in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. In the reserve, do I need to be a 5811 first or can I lat move from my current MOS? On active duty what does the average day look like for a CID agent (if there is an average day)? What type of schedule do they typically work. I have so much more but I will leave it at that for now until I find a 5821 to talk to. That would be easier than rambling and asking a bunch more random questions. Thanks in advance.

fallfast90
10-16-09, 08:11 AM
I can't say for certain, but i highly doubt you can get CID without being an MP first. The 5800 field is probably one of the most unique field in the Marine Corps. It is a totally different type of thinking. Without spending time as a regular MP, you are not going to be able to just jump into a investigator role. The best bet is to talk to a recruiter, and see what they say.

jdpownall
10-22-09, 08:07 PM
I have already researched it and I know for a fact that I can lat move into 5821 from any MOS. That much I do know for sure.