PDA

View Full Version : Help becoming a Marine

ANGF
10-13-09, 05:22 PM
My son went to MEPS and passed. He was later told by the recruiter that he was being turned down on "moral" He has no felony charges and has over 70 college credits. I am a former Marine as was my...

Wyoming
10-13-09, 05:28 PM
"moral"

Moral what?

That was it?

"moral"

Seems like there would be a bit more to share.

Alisium
10-13-09, 05:48 PM
Does he have a criminal record?

Did he cop to doing drugs?

ANGF
10-13-09, 06:41 PM
Five years ago he was arrested for drug paraphanalia and was put on probation. He violated his probation with a dUI. Both misdeameanors. Presently he does no drugs and does not drink. He is married with a 3 year old. The recruiter told us that he just got a person in with a felony assault on his mother.

Phantom Blooper
10-13-09, 06:55 PM
PM a GyC or slimmy07 on the leatherneck site and ask your question....

They are both recruiters

This could be a dead horse getting answers from Marines since we are not recruiters.

You can also go into the Poolee Forum and read some of the responses for felonies.

Do a search on the site and it might answer some of your questions ...type in felony waivers.

Good luck.:evilgrin:

lstampa
10-14-09, 05:53 AM
When I joined (at 19) I had 2 felonies and a mis.... but they were expunged when I turned 18. I never heard about the "moral" issue

0331 2 0369
10-14-09, 06:51 AM
I just heard this morning on the radio that all branches of the military met their goals with recruitment last physical year and had to push people back to the start of this physical year. I am sure they have plenty waiting to sign the dotted line. He just needs to keep trying. Eventually all those that got pushed into this physical year will go away and he will have his chance. He just needs to be hard-headed like most Marines are and keep trying. Good Luck.

ANGF
10-15-09, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I am taking Phantom Bloopers advice and going directly to one of the recruiters he recommended.
Thanks all................ANGF