PDA

View Full Version : Marriage.

avenger08
10-13-09, 02:41 PM
so ive been through this entire site trying to figure out anything on marriage. all i received was information in the Poolee section and still that didnt offer any real advice. ive been in the Marine Corps for little over two years, with a deployment under my belt. i am planning on getting married and my girlfriend that i am with is pregnant with my child. (yes im sure of this) can anyone enlighten me on the Marine Corps Order that deals with Marriage? Semper FI

Crusader20
10-13-09, 03:43 PM
Not sure on what you want to know.

Can you get married in the while in the Corps? Yes

Will you still be deployed while married? Yes

Will you still have to fulfill your duty for the Marince Corps? Yes

Will it be tough on the marriage? Yes

What is it that you want to know and maybe more people can help you.

MD8724
10-15-09, 08:06 PM
If you are talking about paperwork, maybe ask your IPAC or whatever. Some commands want you to make a package or whatever before you get married. I just handed IPAC my marriage certificate and that was it, but you may have to do a little more thanthat, depending on your command.

firedog974
10-16-09, 06:21 AM
so ive been through this entire site trying to figure out anything on marriage. all i received was information in the Poolee section and still that didnt offer any real advice. ive been in the Marine Corps for little over two years, with a deployment under my belt. i am planning on getting married and my girlfriend that i am with is pregnant with my child. (yes im sure of this) can anyone enlighten me on the Marine Corps Order that deals with Marriage? Semper FI

Ask your Cpl or Sgt and let them know what your situation is. That is what you have NCO's for. I would always advise letting your chain of command know BEFORE getting married or making any major life decisions. After all, we are a family. You wouldn't get married without letting your family know, would you?