PDA

View Full Version : Reserves and College

JBatacan
10-13-09, 12:04 AM
I was wondering if it's possible to enlist in the USMC Reserves when I already started College? Does anyone know if colleges let you take 2 semesters off?

Lisa 23
10-13-09, 12:18 AM
Fill out all of your profile so the Marines who may answer your question know who they are talking to.
Read the rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
Use the search bar, I do believe this question has been asked and answered many times before.

GSEMarine94
10-13-09, 10:13 AM
I was wondering if it's possible to enlist in the USMC Reserves when I already started College? Does anyone know if colleges let you take 2 semesters off?

Yes, and yes. If you enlist just make sure your ship date is after the end of the semester you are currently in. The college may make you re-enroll but other then that you shouldn't have a problem.

By the way what college you attending? I joined the Corps out of the San Jose recruiters station.

0231Marine
10-13-09, 11:37 AM

Have you tried talking to your counselors at the school to see what their policy is?

JBatacan
10-13-09, 04:09 PM
Sorry, I filled out my profile and checked around. I found out I can take a leave of absence. Thanks for the help marines, I think my boot camp date will look like something around July.

And I go to East Bay, 2nd Lieutenant.

Lisa 23
10-13-09, 04:47 PM
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!