PDA

View Full Version : The Mayor of Sacramento Robbed in San Francisco

jetdawgg
10-12-09, 06:16 PM
acramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said he was robbed on the streets of San Francisco over the weekend as he was helping "an elderly gentleman I met on the BART train."

Johnson wrote on his blog:
I didn't expect to be a crime victim on the streets of San Francisco. ... But it happened, on a beautiful evening this past weekend near Union Square. As crimes go, it could have been much worse. I was helping an elderly man when somebody sneaked up behind me and stole my garment bag. I lost a nice suit, a nice pair of shoes and overnight toiletries. Not the end of the world, but frustrating.

The real crime was the vulnerability of it all, the idea that I could leave my bag on a crowded street, turn my back for 30 seconds and have my stuff stolen.

He wouldn't have been surprised if he read EPJ and my take on San Francisco, They Have Lost Their Minds in San Francisco. BTW, the Starbucks, I refer to in my commentary is only about four or five blocks from where Mayor Johnson had his bag stolen. Tourists be aware, downtown San Francisco is a crime zone, all of it.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2009/10/i-told-you-it-its-crazy-crime-zone.html

ggyoung
10-12-09, 06:53 PM
There is no honor among thieves.