PDA

View Full Version : going to meps sick?

Daveyy
10-12-09, 07:34 AM
Hello all, i have a question. Im taking my ASVAB tomorrow and going to take the physical on thursday. I have a really bad sore throat and had a fever 4 days ago. My throat has been getting worse and i think i might have strep throat. Im going to the doctor later today. If i get put on medication for my throat, will this affect me at MEPS/physical? What if it is not strep or anything, but just a bad sore throat from the flu or something? How will this look to a doctor? My throat has some white sores on it. Of course I get sick after a 6 month process to finally take the asvab =/

ameriken
10-12-09, 08:10 AM
Have you asked your recruiter what he thinks?

Zulu 36
10-12-09, 08:12 AM
Hello all, i have a question. Im taking my ASVAB tomorrow and going to take the physical on thursday. I have a really bad sore throat and had a fever 4 days ago. My throat has been getting worse and i think i might have strep throat. Im going to the doctor later today. If i get put on medication for my throat, will this affect me at MEPS/physical? What if it is not strep or anything, but just a bad sore throat from the flu or something? How will this look to a doctor? My throat has some white sores on it. Of course I get sick after a 6 month process to finally take the asvab =/

Well, Commdog7 is our usual on-line medical diagnostician, but due to the time difference between here and Ireland, I feel I can safely stand-in for her this morning.

Congratulations, you have AIDS.

Just kidding. Actually, it does sound sort of strep-throatish to me. Go see your doc, get your meds and start taking them as prescribed. Call your recruiter and inform him/her of your current problem and seek advice. If he says go to MEPS anyway, then do so and take your prescription med bottles with you. Tell the MEPS doctor what is going on, what your doctor said it was, and show the meds you're on.

Strep almost always goes away when treated. Everyone gets it at one time or another. No biggie. Get treated and don't hide it from MEPS. A half-blind doctor will notice if you have active strep throat once they look down your pie-hole.