PDA

View Full Version : Eyeglasses in Combat

Wyldstallionabr
10-12-09, 03:08 AM
Hello, I'm a young man thinking about joining the Marines and going the Infantry route. I wear contacts now but I know I will have to get used to wearing glasses soon. My question is this: What are the best (most durable, toughest) prescription glasses to wear in combat or even at Boot.
Any thoughts or opinions on this subject will be Greatly appreciated! Thank you

Petz
10-12-09, 05:06 AM
don't worry about it, they have special rubberized glasses that work best, they even have inserts for ballistic glasses they would issue you.

Don't be concerned about anything, if you have a concern I would put money on it that it's been addressed already. Just focus and graduating boot camp.

Wyoming
10-12-09, 08:13 AM
... and just who it be that you are addressing there, SSgt?

Lisa 23
10-12-09, 08:37 AM
This young man was informed of filling out all of his profile when he wrongly posted this topic in Open Squad Bay, which if he read the header above that forum, is for "Exchanging ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers, which he's NOT, and still hasn't filled out all of his profile after being directed here. If one can't follow simple instructions on doing this, how are they going to make it in the Marine Corps? There should be something that when you sign up to become a member at Leatherneck, that unless you fill out all of your profile, your account won't be activated.
Don't mean to be a profile nazi, but I got my a$$ chewed out when I first signed up about not filling out all of my profile. So, these wannabes and no poolees are no different than me who don't fill out all of there profiles. It's in the rules...read them first before any wannabe or poolee does any posting! :mad: