PDA

View Full Version : Weighing in at Receiving

Underdawg
10-11-09, 01:22 AM
Hello Marines, I'm shipping out this Monday and was hoping someone (or a few people) could help me out with my questions.

When you actually get to Parris Island and off the bus, how long is it before you weigh in? Or rather, at what point do you weigh in?

I'm asking because I had to cut about 14lbs over the last week. I'm use to cutting weight from wrestling and fighting, so losing the weight wasn't a problem.

It would just be nice to know how processing works, so I can weigh in without eating too much beforehand. I dont plan on eating at the airport or anything, I figured we would probably be going to the chow hall in the morning, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Poolee Gasperini

stein07
10-11-09, 09:00 AM
You will be weighed at MEPS the morning you ship.

My platoon was not weighed in receiving. I don't think we weighed until the first Sunday of training. This was PI in 2002, though. Things change.

I had the same concern as you when I went. Make sure you eat a good dinner that night and are fully hydrated when you hit the footprints.

polizei
10-11-09, 11:28 AM
No Cpl, I'm pretty sure it's the same...I don't remember weighing in, until maybe the IST? You'll be up for ~36 hours, so get sleep on the bus if you can. And don't worry about eating, you'll get one or two box lunches if you're lucky. Believe me, you'll want to eat...

Underdawg
10-11-09, 02:07 PM
Thank you both, this is a big relief knowing that I can start refueling my body once I weigh in at MEPS.

Lisa 23
10-11-09, 02:59 PM
Refuel the body.....but don't over do it either. You don't want to be a 'fat body' (sorry) right at the beginning of boot camp either.

Underdawg
10-11-09, 05:00 PM
Refuel the body.....but don't over do it either. You don't want to be a 'fat body' (sorry) right at the beginning of boot camp either.

My problem is that I'm far from fat, I've been doing wrestling, jiu jitsu
and cross fit for the last 6 years, my body is solid. I just happen to fall over the height and weight limit, which is somewhat bogus because im 5'7'' not 5'5", that's what they measured me at MEPS as, so I had to conform to the required weight.

I'm getting it done, its just a pain in the butt.

Lisa 23
10-11-09, 05:09 PM
Well...just remember to stay hydrated too! And the best of luck to you! :thumbup:

polizei
10-11-09, 07:31 PM
Yes, make SURE to hydrate. I cannot stress that enough...that is by far the MOST important thing to remember during boot camp. Especially since it's getting cold (winter will be pretty cold down there), you won't think you need to drink, but you do. Just because it's cold and you're not sweating doesn't mean you don't need water.

stein07
10-11-09, 09:04 PM
Have they taped you? If you don't make weight, you are still good if you tape out.

BTW, they will measure your height again when you weigh in. Stand tall.