PDA

View Full Version : Medical History and Exclusions

Jables
10-10-09, 05:15 PM
I'm 25, and I just got divorced a few months ago. This is good because now I'm free to pursue my life long dream of becoming a marine. One problem though, 6 years ago i hurt my back at work, herniated a few disks. But now I'm fine, I have full range of motion and i can run all day, plus i lift weights and i feel confident that i can do anything. So my question is should I bring it up with the recruiter, and will it even show up in a medical history report? Will this keep me from becoming a marine?

Lisa 23
10-10-09, 06:06 PM
1. Fill out all of you profile, it's in the rules. No one will answer your questions until then.
2. When using the word Marine, it will be capitalized at all times.

Jables
10-11-09, 10:07 PM
I did not capitalize Marines in refrence to myself because I am not a marine, out of respect for those who have earned Thier anchors. I apologize for any offence, I have the utmost respect for Every Marine in the U.S.M.C. Ant thank you Marines

ameriken
10-11-09, 11:32 PM
Dont know if it will keep you from becoming a Marine, your recruiter and the MEPS docs will have to decide that based on your physical and medical history. However, as to whether you should bring it up or not, you absolutely should, for two reasons. One, failure to do so could result in you getting kicked out later for fraudulent enlistment. You could hurt your back later and they'll discover there was a prior injury.

But more importantly, if you have to lie or hide something to get in, then you dont belong in the Corps. Marines have integrity and that means right from the get-go you need to be honest with the Corps and disclose your entire history.

Lisa 23
10-12-09, 08:46 AM
By not capitalizing Marine, you are showing disrespect to those of us Marines who have EARNED it, and if you bothered to read the rules in the Poolee forum, you would've read this... <br />
Attention New...