PDA

View Full Version : Any 1/8 Marines out there?

Lupo22
10-09-09, 08:05 PM
So I just found out that at the end of October, I will be checking in to the 1/8. I heard about our deployment schedule and I'm pretty excited. I don't think I'm allowed to discuss what I've heard so far on here, am I?

Anyways, if there are any 1/8 Marines out there that can offer some advice or give me some insight as to what I have to look forward to, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
S/F

tangovictor87
10-09-09, 08:22 PM
OPSEC!! do not say anything PFC! A good friend of mine was in 1/8. he was a plt sgt during the push into Fallujah. from what he tells me 8th regiment is well respected. so dont fvck up their reputation young gun. S/F.

Lupo22
10-09-09, 08:38 PM
OPSEC!! do not say anything PFC! A good friend of mine was in 1/8. he was a plt sgt during the push into Fallujah. from what he tells me 8th regiment is well respected. so dont fvck up their reputation young gun. S/F.

Thank you Cpl...I figured that I shouldn't be saying anything :) I'm lookin forward to finding out more personal opinion about the 1/8. I've already read up on their web page and it seems they've just returned from Iraq, or are returning shortly

DocGreek
10-09-09, 11:11 PM
:flag:....LUPO...check out 2/8/2 on the web...same/same/same...Doc...:flag:

LA FORCE 0369
10-11-09, 01:56 AM
I was with Bravo Co. 1/8 during the Fallujah push. Some of the BEST Marines I have served with. 8th Marines has a long legacy of GREAT Marines. You have big boots to fill. Go make you path and good luck!

Lupo22
10-11-09, 01:59 AM
I was with Bravo Co. 1/8 during the Fallujah push. Some of the BEST Marines I have served with. 8th Marines has a long legacy of GREAT Marines. You have big boots to fill. Go make you path and good luck!

I can't wait SSgt! I've heard they are pretty top notch.

HurricaneRJ
10-11-09, 08:03 AM
Yeah I'm in 1/8. I actually have to cut my leave short so I pick up you guys from Geiger. I'll shoot you a pm with my phone number and name.

I find it ironic. 26 years ago we lost Marines in Lebanon and now new Marines join our unit on the same day.

bgsuwoody
10-26-09, 06:43 PM
Yup totally watched these guys running around like idiots this weekend from across the way...god I love my life.

HurricaneRJ
10-27-09, 10:34 AM
Wasn't too long ago when you watched me get off the buses and reported to 1/8. I love my life too.

Crusader20
10-27-09, 11:40 AM
Yeah I'm in 1/8. I actually have to cut my leave short so I pick up you guys from Geiger. I'll shoot you a pm with my phone number and name.

I find it ironic. 26 years ago we lost Marines in Lebanon and now new Marines join our unit on the same day.

Lima 3/8 Here.

Was part of the Color guard to honor the 10th year anniversary at the Beirut memorial. Lots of Family there from the fallen Marines and Sailors.

Semper Fi.

HurricaneRJ
10-27-09, 12:53 PM
Lupo send me a PM. You with A B C Wpns? I stay over in hp 105.

HurricaneRJ
10-27-09, 08:07 PM
Finally met up with Lupo just now. No I didn't haze him, just talked for a good while. Pretty good Marine, mature as **** if you ask me. Great things coming from him I'm sure.

Lupo22
10-27-09, 08:28 PM
Finally met up with Lupo just now. No I didn't haze him, just talked for a good while. Pretty good Marine, mature as **** if you ask me. Great things coming from him I'm sure.

I appreciate the kind words LCpl! Pretty motivating to hear that actually. especially since I just got done goin door to door checkin uniforms lol

MintusMaximus
10-28-09, 05:07 AM
Two of my best friends PCS'd to my unit in Oki (and one is here with me in Germany) from 1/8.

Comm guys. They checked in RIGHT after the fallujah push... if anyone knows Sgt Sweeting, or Sgt Felix?

Lupo22
10-29-09, 02:58 PM
LCpl: thank you for the ride to the MCX the other day. I can't tell you how appreciative I am of someone offering to help out a boot from another company the first couple months that we're here. Thanks again! S/F