<br />
By KATHARINE GOODLOE <br />
kgoodloe@journalsentinel.com <br />
Last Updated: Aug. 11, 2003 <br />
<br />
Muskego - Protesters on...

greensideout
08-13-03, 06:34 PM
The construction worker had time to photograph.
-----but no time to "rescue" the flag?

Dhillon said,"The flag in the picture was not being intentionally mistreated."
-----just thrown down as a dropcloth and walked upon?

Dhillon said he did not remember the painter's name.
-----after hireing him, working him, fireing him and probally writing him a check?

Dhillon said, "If the painter had blond hair".
-----everyone knows that it would take TWO blond painters, one to put the paint on the brush and the other to brush it off. Duh?

Dhillon said, "I don't look like a white guy."
-----What does a white guy look like Dhillon? Do you have two eyes, two ears, a nose and a mouth? So do white guys.

Dhillon has been in this country for 20 years.
-----and he still doesn't know what our flag represents? Or does he?

The Police Chief's hands are tied.

Rep. Mark Pettis is trying to get things corrected.

Council Pres. Rick Petfalski expects vet votes the next time around? He said, "It's supposed to be a melting pot out here, not a boiling point."
------I agree and I think it's time to spoon off the scum that has boiled to the top of the pot!

I still think that the construction worker should have picked up the flag and kicked some tail!

mrbsox
08-14-03, 08:34 AM
So, where is the IMIGRATION SERVICE in all this.

20 Years... is he an AMERICAN citizen by now??
If not, where's his VISA??
How long has the painter been here??
His VISA??

20 years :devious: is long enough to learn Flag Etique, even by accident.

GSO is right about the worker should have RESCUED OUR flag (or is he an imigrant too). It LOOKS as if it were laid down with every intent to cover as much ground area as possible.

Terry

Lock-n-Load
08-14-03, 09:46 AM
For what it's worth to complain about flag desecrations in Massachusetts...forget it...my 3 Congressmen: Big Teddy Kennedy, Ed Markey and Presidential hopeful, John Kerry ...all 3 Amigos agree, that you can do anything you want to do to defile our flag, they voted their Congressional decision into law...do anything you want to do;against our flag...such diverse liberalism warrants...REBELLION...and we are witnessing it thruoghout the land now...the National colors of USA...are sacred to me also...and let these diverse/liberal Nazi's who publicly disrespect our stars and stripes...reap the whirlwind!!..."REAL AMERICANS, AWAKE"...take back your country. Semper Fidelis :marine:

ivalis
08-14-03, 05:48 PM
I wish the hue & cry over flag desecration was aimed twoard the principals that the flag stands for. Unfortunately this country has turned into a sound bite heaven. Anything that can't be told in 20 seconds isnt told at all.

The 1st amendment is way more important than the flag itself.

I happen to be a real stickler on flag etiquette. Having said that, the flag over the statue's head in Iraq is abuse of the flag as heinious as the flag w/ the ladder on it.

The athletes that wear the flag really burn my toast.

I'm actually more offended by the flag clothing that the supposed patriots wear than an individual burning a flag for political/free speach reasons.

I wish somebody would define the US flag, if it has to have 50 stars, can I burn an old one w/out breaking the law?

MillRatUSMC
08-14-03, 09:35 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/aug03/flagabig081103.jpg

The choice of a dropcloth...was as bad as it's gets.
Then stepping on the Flag, was another mistake.
Now two questions comes to mind;
Would the painter have used a flag of India?
Would he also have stepped on the flag of India?
I bet he wouldn't have used or stepped on the flag of India.

Yes, ivalis...you can burn an old one, it's the proper was to degard old flags...many organizations burn old flags...American Legion, VFW, Boy Scouts...etc..
Will also agree on the wearing of the Flag as clothing...some know no better...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
08-14-03, 09:37 PM
Correction;
Yes, ivalis...you can burn an old one, it's the proper way to degard old flags...many organizations burn old flags...American Legion, VFW, Boy Scouts...etc..

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Devildogg4ever
08-15-03, 04:17 AM
I pretty much agree with everything said so far! I feel they should send his painting @ss back where he came from!

1) Flag on ground: enought to kick his @ss!
2) Painting over flag on ground: enought to kick his @ss!
3) Foot on flag on ground while painting over it: I meet him, I will kick his @ss!

arzach
08-15-03, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC
Correction;
Yes, ivalis...you can burn an old one, it's the proper way to degard old flags...many organizations burn old flags...American Legion, VFW, Boy Scouts...etc..

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

ivalis is jerkin' your chain MillRat...Ya want a definition of the Flag ivalis...look at the cemeteries overlooking Omaha Beach, go to Pearl Harbor...check out the Arizona Memorial...in D.C., you'll see it defined in the Korean War Memorial and the F**kin' Wall, not to mention Arlington National Cemetery....are we clear now on what the flag represents? Ain't got a damn thing top do with rag-tag politicos in D.C....It is, every one of us;Past, Present and Future