PDA

View Full Version : Computer Savvy Geek Question

Phantom Blooper
10-09-09, 08:49 AM
I am trying to open a document attachment on an email....I know it to be of a reliable source.

When I try to bring it up I get a message saying "This file does not have an association with it....create an association in the association file folder.

It is to be PDF format....any and suggestions welcome!

Thank you!:beer:

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Quinbo
10-09-09, 09:02 AM
Download it to your computer then right click the file and select open with then pick a program. Don't check the box that says always use this program. I would try word, paint, winzip, adobe and whatever else till something works. It could be the file extension is misnamed or maybe the file is corrupt and you can request it be resent. If you select open with and then check the box you have created a file association. From then on any time you double click that file type it will be opened in the program you selected.

Ed Palmer
10-09-09, 09:33 AM
When I have that problem I send it to my pictures and open it there no problems, try it and let us know

hanslergf
10-09-09, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you need to download and install Adobe Reader.

Phantom Blooper
10-09-09, 11:30 AM
Download it to your computer then right click the file and select open with then pick a program. Don't check the box that says always use this program. I would try word, paint, winzip, adobe and whatever else till something works. It could be the file extension is misnamed or maybe the file is corrupt and you can request it be resent. If you select open with and then check the box you have created a file association. From then on any time you double click that file type it will be opened in the program you selected.

That worked.....Thanks!

When I have that problem I send it to my pictures and open it there no problems, try it and let us know

Tried this after the above...it worked too. Thanks!

Sounds like you need to download and install Adobe Reader.

Have Adobe downloaded...latest edition...some PDF's open....some want an association....now I know!

Thanks!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Ed Palmer
10-09-09, 02:58 PM
That worked.....Thanks!

Tried this after the above...it worked too. Thanks!

Have Adobe downloaded...latest edition...some PDF's open....some want an association....now I know!

Thanks!:beer:

Hott damnnnn we are soooo smartt

ameriken
10-09-09, 03:52 PM
Glad I can help! :confused:

Phantom Blooper
10-09-09, 06:15 PM
Glad I can help! :confused:

THANKS Ken.....the help you gave was outstanding!

Saved me tons of problems!:beer:

DocGreek
10-09-09, 11:04 PM
:D.....Did you say computer savvy GEEKS...or GREEKS?? BEND THAT TOWER OVER....I CAN FIX IT RIGHT!!!....:D

sparkie
10-10-09, 07:05 AM
This is just the kinda thread made for hijacking.

So, Doc,,,how's your knee?

By the way, Doc,,,he said Adobe, not Abacus.

DocGreek
10-10-09, 07:21 AM
:D....I refuse to give up my sense of humor or my desire to council young people...just because I'm over 60!!
If we can't laugh at ourselves and others...what's the point of LIVING....EH??....SEMPER FI, NUMBNUTS!!....Doc Greek:D

sparkie
10-10-09, 07:35 AM
Doc,,,,, If I didn't have you to mess with every day, My life wouldn't be any fun,,,,NUMBNUTS,

DocGreek
10-10-09, 07:37 AM
:D......THANK-YOU!!......:D

ameriken
10-10-09, 07:49 AM
THANKS Ken.....the help you gave was outstanding!
Hey, anything for a Marine Brother :beer: