PDA

View Full Version : new MCO???

GREY MATTER
10-08-09, 05:19 AM
is there a new MCO that states Marines can wear their cammies off base to go on a food run? i confronted a Marine last night in subway...and a Sgt. to boot....he reacted like i was out of line...was I? is there a new order out i dont know about?

wargrudge
10-08-09, 06:20 AM
I do not beleive there is anything out saying we can do such a thing. That Sergeant may have just reacted like that because someone confronted him.

From ALMAR 35/07:

"3. THE MCCUU IS A FIELD UNIFORM AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR WEAR IN A
CIVILIAN ENVIRONMENT. WEAR OF THE MCCUU IS AUTHORIZED WHILE COMMUTING
TO AND FROM WORK VIA PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLE. HOWEVER, EFFECTIVE
IMMEDIATELY, AND AS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE TO THE REF, EN ROUTE STOPS
WHILE OFF-BASE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED EXCEPT FOR BONAFIDE EMERGENCIES, SUCH
AS MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, VEHICLE BREAKDOWN, OR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS.

4. MARINES MAY ONLY WEAR THE MCCUU AT OFF-BASE ESTABLISHMENTS WHEN USING DRIVE-THRU SERVICES SUCH AS ATMS, <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR </st1:State></ST1:pDRY CLEANERS WHEN THEY WILL NOT EXIT THE VEHICLE. "

GREY MATTER
10-08-09, 12:21 PM
I do not beleive there is anything out saying we can do such a thing. That Sergeant may have just reacted like that because someone confronted him.

From ALMAR 35/07:

"3. THE MCCUU IS A FIELD UNIFORM AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR WEAR IN A
CIVILIAN ENVIRONMENT. WEAR OF THE MCCUU IS AUTHORIZED WHILE COMMUTING
TO AND FROM WORK VIA PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLE. HOWEVER, EFFECTIVE
IMMEDIATELY, AND AS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE TO THE REF, EN ROUTE STOPS
WHILE OFF-BASE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED EXCEPT FOR BONAFIDE EMERGENCIES, SUCH
AS MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, VEHICLE BREAKDOWN, OR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS.

4. MARINES MAY ONLY WEAR THE MCCUU AT OFF-BASE ESTABLISHMENTS WHEN USING DRIVE-THRU SERVICES SUCH AS ATMS, <st1>:p<st1:city w:st="on">FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS</st1:city>, <st1:state w:st="on">OR </st1:state></st1>:pDRY CLEANERS WHEN THEY WILL NOT EXIT THE VEHICLE. "

thats how i remember it

Whitey
10-11-09, 01:46 PM
also at the piney green marine federal here in NC cammies are authorized because it is still government property

Garyius
10-12-09, 09:01 AM
Could be a base order. Way back when the earth was young (early 90s) I was at Cherry Point and the Os wanted to wear their flight suits in the booming city of Havelock when they were getting gas and to go food. Along with the flight suits being allowed, they decided to allow us cammie guys to do it, too.