PDA

View Full Version : Info Please!

nacho2222
10-08-09, 12:07 AM
I know, I know, you are bored of reading the same thing over and over again. I apologize, but it's been my dream to serve America since I was a little kid. Now I'm 22 and I want to join the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.
But I'm from Argentina, have no job in the States, no relatives , nothing, only my will, so, I'm ready to do what it takes.
Thank you very much for your help.
if you want to make any question please go ahead. I'll check the forum daily

itzs4m
10-08-09, 12:39 AM
the title of this thread says "Info Please"...what i'm confused is why are you asking us to ask YOU questions, when it says "Info Please". What information would you like to know about the Marine Corps.

nacho2222
10-08-09, 01:00 AM
I ment you ask me questions about fisical condition, studies, etc. sorry if I wasn't clear enough. and the basic question is how do I become a Marine without being U.S. citizen or permanent resident? the other question would be, how do I become U.S. citizen or permanent resident to become a Marine?

Zulu 36
10-08-09, 06:59 AM
You need to complete your profile before posting anything further. Your questions will not be answered either until the profile is up.

nacho2222
10-08-09, 01:53 PM
You need to complete your profile before posting anything further. Your questions will not be answered either until the profile is up.

Done! I think I completed it :D

MyCorps
10-08-09, 03:58 PM
Has it occurred to you to go talk to a recruiter? I am sure he can figure out if you are in the country legally first.

nacho2222
10-08-09, 04:06 PM
yeah, I think that would be the best thing. But when I went to 'contact a recruiter' in marines.com I was asked to give an U.S. adress which I don't have. so is there any way to talk to one?

BR34
10-08-09, 04:14 PM
I believe you're gonna have to live here first Nacho. I know a Marine who was officially from Zimbabwe who enlisted once he moved here. He got his citizenship around the same time he picked up Cpl. We threw him a little party to celebrate the whole thing.

nacho2222
10-08-09, 04:20 PM
so the first thing to do is getting the permanent resident authorization, or green card or whatever and the joining, yeah sounds easy... but I've done some research and it's very tough getting a visa, even to travel as a tourist... does the marine corps or any other branch of the military take civilias for jobs? would they sponsor me to go as an employee?

Lisa 23
10-08-09, 05:32 PM
When using the word Marines Corps, it will be capitalized at all times, and read the rules in the Poolee forum.

nacho2222
10-08-09, 05:37 PM
You are right. I'll try to read more carefully the rules. Thank you Marines

Phantom Blooper
10-08-09, 06:44 PM
Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

:evilgrin: