PDA

View Full Version : F8 Command and Control Electrician with a $10,000 bonus

danno
10-07-09, 07:07 PM
Hey, my name's Dan Zajac. I'm a Poolee in the Corps. I just found out to
day through my Recruiter that my MOS is F8 Command and Control
Electrician with a $10,000 bonus AFTER I finish boot camp and my
schooling. I got exactly what I wanted, and a very nice bonus imo.

I'm wondering if you have any more information about this type of
job...or what kind of job I might get in this field.

Also, another big question I have that you might be able to answer is
How difficult is the school? I'm prepared to give 110%, but I'd like to know how hard the schooling is, and how long is the schooling for. Any
info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan :iwo:

Jensen139
10-07-09, 08:04 PM
You should be able to find that information using google. 10g's is a lot of money so I'm sure the school is long AND hard. Good luck!

Capital M
10-07-09, 08:12 PM
Simple search http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-12529.html

danno
10-08-09, 05:02 AM
Simple search http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-12529.html

Yes, I've seen those posts before. The only thing is, they were posted in 2004, and don't provide that much information.

edit: hopefully my thead can be moved to the "Ask a Marine" forum, because I think I would get more appropriate responses there. I pm'd thedrifter, hopefully he can move the thread. Thx

Wyoming
10-08-09, 07:44 AM
I just found out today through my Recruiter that my MOS is F8 Command and Control Electrician with a $10,000 bonus AFTER I finish boot camp and myschoo ling. I got exactly what I wanted, and a very nice bonus imo.

So when do you receive the full 10K? All in one lump, or did you ask?

danno
10-08-09, 11:44 PM
So when do you receive the full 10K? All in one lump, or did you ask?

After I finish schooling. My recruiter said Uncle Sams going to tax me, so it will probably be more like $8,000.

dizark
10-09-09, 12:14 AM
I have this option. I was assigned the 0621 Field Radio Operator MOS. I know others that were given 0612 Wireman. Remember, you can get any job under the 0600 field that you qualify for, or under the 1100 field such as electrician.

The bonus you get within 10 days of checking into your firsty duty station. It was $7500 after taxes. It's directly deposited into your account.

Comm School for me as a 0621 was 2 months long. I had very little wait time before picking up class, however, 0612 Wiremen were waiting many months (I've heard 5-7 months) before a class picked up. During that time of waiting, you'll PT in the morning and do working parties during the day. It's really not that bad.

If you get a job under the 1100 field, I can't tell you any info about that. You'll find out your specific job during MCT. We found out the first couple days after arriving to MCT what our specific job was. Good luck, and I hope you get something good.

Any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Good luck with boot camp!

danno
10-11-09, 10:46 PM
I have this option. I was assigned the 0621 Field Radio Operator MOS. I know others that were given 0612 Wireman. Remember, you can get any job under the 0600 field that you qualify for, or under the 1100 field such as electrician.

The bonus you get within 10 days of checking into your firsty duty station. It was $7500 after taxes. It's directly deposited into your account.

Comm School for me as a 0621 was 2 months long. I had very little wait time before picking up class, however, 0612 Wiremen were waiting many months (I've heard 5-7 months) before a class picked up. During that time of waiting, you'll PT in the morning and do working parties during the day. It's really not that bad.

If you get a job under the 1100 field, I can't tell you any info about that. You'll find out your specific job during MCT. We found out the first couple days after arriving to MCT what our specific job was. Good luck, and I hope you get something good.

Any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Good luck with boot camp!

Thanks a lot for clarifying all that, that really cleared things up for me.:D

When do you check into your first duty station? Is that directly after Boot Camp, or after the schooling?

During that time of waiting, you'll PT in the morning and do working parties during the day. It's really not that bad.

What are working parties?

Remember, you can get any job under the 0600 field that you qualify for, or under the 1100 field such as electrician.

That makes sense.

dizark
10-11-09, 11:21 PM
Your first duty station is when you hit the fleet. This is after your schooling is completed. Until you hit the fleet after you become a Marine, you're in student status.

Working parties are to keep you busy so the Marine Corps is paying you and you're not just sitting there. Some places you help clean offices on base, others you move rocks around outside and small projects and such. This is just speaking of while you're in Comm school if you're to get a 0600 MOS.

danno
10-12-09, 04:23 AM
Thank you, sir!

ecom
10-12-09, 07:06 AM
What are working parties?

They are usually random tasks like cleaning and other manual labor. Sometimes different sections of the Co or Bn need extra manpower and you will get augmented.

We augmented a few Marines from MAT to HQBN once to remove furniture from one of the barracks buildings and turns out they just threw stuff over the 2nd and 3rd floor balconies all day. I'm talking big stuff like beds and wall lockers.:p