PDA

View Full Version : Out of uniform..

AKA HITMAN
10-07-09, 07:48 AM
Ok...So I'm having a heated discussion with my younger brother who retired from the Army after 25+ years. I've noticed on the news that a lot of the Army soldiers are walking around outdoors without a cover and saluting at the same time. I feel that its out of uniform and its unsat. Any comments?

TJR1070
10-07-09, 07:50 AM
I know the Army does salute indoors uncovered, but I don't know about outdoors. Anything they do though seems on the border of unsat anyway.

NoRemorse
10-07-09, 07:51 AM
It's unsat for us but their traditions and customs allow for it.

And yeah, it looks nasty.

GSEMarine94
10-07-09, 08:56 AM
Even the Marine Corps use to have a regulation requiring Marines salute uncovered.

NoRemorse
10-07-09, 09:36 AM
Even the Marine Corps use to have a regulation requiring Marines salute uncovered.

what about over the internet... sir? :D

GSEMarine94
10-07-09, 09:41 AM
what about over the internet... sir? :D
I had a real good come back but I'll stick with........smartazz :devious:

BR34
10-07-09, 09:44 AM
If he retired from the Army after 25+ years how could you possibly think you know more than him about their regs?

Eever hear the saying "choose your battles"? Looks like your brother is going to win this battle.

Artemis
10-07-09, 09:44 AM
If you read the AR 600-25 which I am sure you probably won't the only reason any member of the Army is saulting indoors should be

When do you salute inside a building?
When reporting to your commander
When reporting to a pay officer
When reporting to a military board
At an indoor ceremony
At sentry duty indoors

Whether covered or not. There is no other reason they should be saluting indoors.

BR34
10-07-09, 09:47 AM
If you read the AR 600-25 which I am sure you probably won't the only reason any member of the Army is saulting indoors should be

When do you salute inside a building?
When reporting to your commander
When reporting to a pay officer
When reporting to a military board
At an indoor ceremony
At sentry duty indoors

Whether covered or not. There is no other reason they should be saluting indoors.

Whooooaaaa Nelly!!!! :bunny:

He said outdoors.

NoRemorse
10-07-09, 10:10 AM
I had a real good come back but I'll stick with........smartazz :devious:

Well ya gotta shoot it to me in PM, brother. I gotta know :marine:

GSEMarine94
10-07-09, 10:52 AM
Well ya gotta shoot it to me in PM, brother. I gotta know :marine:
Honestly I didn't have anything, but your still a smartazz. :marine:

polizei
10-07-09, 04:14 PM
Lmao, the Army is very unsat...I just spent 3 months at Ft. Leonard Wood and omg, they are nasty! I saw (many times) very disgusting things. They would salute inside, outside (without covers, in PT gear), they are horrible. And 99% of the time, an officer would be standing or walking by, and NO ONE in the Army would acknowledge them (in both the Army and Marine Corps officers). I always gave Army officers the proper greating. Most didn't even care that I said anything to them...

Nasty!

Wyoming
10-07-09, 04:18 PM
Lmao, the Army is very unsat...I just spent 3 months at Ft. Leonard Wood and omg, they are nasty! I saw (many times) very disgusting things. They would salute inside, outside (without covers, in PT gear), they are horrible. And 99% of the time, an officer would be standing or walking by, and NO ONE in the Army would acknowledge them (in both the Army and Marine Corps officers). I always gave Army officers the proper greating. Most didn't even care that I said anything to them...

Nasty!

I would cast blame on their Officers and NCO's.

You hold up your end and **** the rest of them!

Zulu 36
10-07-09, 05:48 PM
The Army is...different.

I remember, when new in Vietnam as a PFC, I kept hearing these Army guys calling, "Hey, L.T.! Hey, L.T.!"

I was wondering who "L.T." was when a young lieutenant came over and asked, "What do you guys need?"

The lightbulb came on about the "L.T." part. I was really offended. I can't describe it any other way. I was a PFC, with less than a year in the Corps, and I was offended because an officer was being addressed as "Hey, L.T."

It never entered my head to see what would happen if I addressed a Marine lieutenant that way. I knew what would happen. My severed head would be on a pike outside of the squadron office as a trophy (probably to this day).

AKA HITMAN
10-08-09, 07:41 AM
If he retired from the Army after 25+ years how could you possibly think you know more than him about their regs?

Eever hear the saying "choose your battles"? Looks like your brother is going to win this battle.
I'll win this battle for sure....He's pretty much retired because he was done with the clusterf**k attitude of regulations. He's done his service and has no regrets..did plenty of tours blah,blah....BUT...to this day he knows the Marines are usually the ones who kicked tail and has plenty of respect for us. His one liner to me after his last tour "The Marines did more with less and got the job done" I don't claim to know anything, I just watch the news....