PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a medical wavier?

arms-circles19
10-06-09, 05:32 PM
Okay so in the beginning of January, 2008 I got sent to the ER by my parents insisting I was suicidal. I was at the hospital for about an hour or two and got a psych eval. I currently have a copy of my eval and it states that I was unharmful to myself and others and everything came up normal. including my depression level. I didn't get marked down for any abnormal conditions such as depression, uncooperative, delusional, suicidal or any of that. I did get therapy before and after due to family abuse, which was part of the reason I got sent to the hospital for no one believing me about my abuse. my report states that it was just adolescent issues. I have NEVER been in any trouble illegally. I've always wanted to become a Marines and I'm afraid that this will cause me to get rejected. Does anyone know if there is anyway around this other than lying?

Lisa 23
10-06-09, 05:40 PM
It would be best if you would fill out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to, or you may not get an answer to your question. And read the rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

arms-circles19
10-06-09, 06:33 PM
I apologize for not filling out my profile completely. I didn't realize I had to. I also apologize for not having amazing English in my last post. I hadn't read the rules and just wanted an answer to my question as my future depends on it. And I need to start applying to colleges if I can't join. I've waited over 4 months to find out exactly what my record and said and I became inpatient. Again I apologize, and hope I didn’t offend anyone.

Lisa 23
10-06-09, 06:37 PM
You didn't offend anyone. <br />
The first part of your question can be best answered by a Recruiter and a Dr at MEPS, and the second part of your question...... <br />
Did you ever hear of...