PDA

View Full Version : Need Serious Advice... Please Help!

Fast05GT
10-05-09, 12:52 PM
Hey guys and gals,
I need some serious help. I am a Senior in college and about 2 months ago went to see an OSO about becoming an Officer. He said I was a great candidate, I am an Eagle Scout with many other honors in Scouting, have never been in trouble with the law, have average grades in school and am in decent shape. So all goes well and I begin filling out my package, doing PT with the guys twice a week and everythings good. I then get really sick for 2 weeks, after going to the doctor I have the Flu so they put me on meds and all is well. While Im finally getting better around the end of the second week, still on tons of anti-biotic/inflammatory and Ibuprofen, my SSgt tells me I need to go to MEPS to get my physical. I told him I was still sick but thought I could get through the long day and so that Thursday we went. All is good, I pass everything.

Then three days ago I get a phone call from him saying I failed the drug test for Marijuana. I was in complete shock, I have never done any drugs in my life, nor ever felt the need to. My Father was also a Police Officer in the NYPD so I grew up in a strict household where I would get pee tested monthly.

How is this possible? I have never felt any pain like this in my life. I know I have not done anything wrong and am getting accused of something I know is false. I told my SSgt I have never done drugs and stopped hanging out with most of my friends months ago when I made the decision I wanted to be a Marine. I feel like my name is now ruined and my SSgt and Captain told me I am totally out of the program and to never try to become an Officer again.

What do I do here? I have repeatedly told them I never used drugs but it seems it doesnt matter. Once I found out about the news I went out and bought a pee test from CVS and it showed a strong negative. I took pictures of it and sent it to him and barely got a response. I also did research on what can cause a False Positive and alot of sites indicate Ibuprofen can cause one. I faxed him like 8 different articles about this and once again barely got a response. It seems my SSgt believes and trusts me and he is telling me he has to go through some paperwork or something, I'm not sure.

Sorry for the long winded post and if it is in the wrong section, I just dont know what to do and have been totally destroyed by this news. Please help me, I need some advice, all I want to do is serve my Country and am being accused of something which is false. Thanks for your help
Michael

MLMonk
10-05-09, 12:59 PM
The only advice I can give you, is go see another recruiter from a different station, and ask for his opinion.

Supersquishy
10-05-09, 01:22 PM
You should go and play the lotto with your luck. But to be honest your odds of having a mixed up sample of someone elses specimen are unthinkable not to mention if the sample that was mixed up by a person that actually used. So fess up and tell us the truth.

Read this http://www.passthetest.com/false_positives.htm

Maybe you can get a letter from a drug test agency that confirms your problem. Were you not asked if you were under any medications during MEPS?

Fast05GT
10-05-09, 02:07 PM
Squishy, I am not lieing and I would not waste peoples time if I was. I put down at MEPS that I was on a ZPack anti-biotic but didnt think about the Ibuprofen. I did find that website and faxed it to my SSgt and am in the process of tracking down my Dr. Showing he perscribed me to be on the meds. I was taking around 12 ibproufen a day for the 2 weeks I was sick, so if that false positive site is true I had tons of it in my system.

Zulu 36
10-05-09, 02:23 PM
Squishy, I am not lieing and I would not waste peoples time if I was. I put down at MEPS that I was on a ZPack anti-biotic but didnt think about the Ibuprofen. I did find that website and faxed it to my SSgt and am in the process of tracking down my Dr. Showing he perscribed me to be on the meds. I was taking around 12 ibproufen a day for the 2 weeks I was sick, so if that false positive site is true I had tons of it in my system.

12 Motrin a day? What size tabs?

Lisa 23
10-05-09, 04:02 PM
Fast05GT - I can't help you with your question, but when referring to Marines, call them Marines...not guys and gals...we've earned the title. And unless you know anyone on this forum personally, you should be referring to them by either their rank or by their full username.

SGT7477
10-05-09, 07:00 PM
Fast05GT - I can't help you with your question, but when referring to Marines, call them Marines...not guys and gals...we've earned the title. And unless you know anyone on this forum personally, you should be referring to them by either their rank or by their full username.
Very true, Semper FI.:flag:

ridingcrops
10-05-09, 10:34 PM
Ask for another test. There are some meds and some foods that can come back as positive for weed. It might be a good idea to ask them to do a hair folicle test. Those are never wrong and they woould show the difference.