PDA

View Full Version : MOS School

razbo0125
10-05-09, 10:42 AM
I was wondering if your allowed to have a computer in the barracks at your mos school, i leave for mct soon and wanted to buy a computer so i wanted to make sure that your allowed to have them at your mos school before i go spend money. my mos is datasystems, does not give the exact number just says 0610 but that cant be right. so can any 1 shed some light on what ur allowed to have and what your not allowed to have, i dont want to get a laptop want a desktop pc but want to make sure that it will be possible for me to get one before i go spend money. i know you can have laptops because they dont take up room, but i dont know if they allow desktops or not because of the space issues.

I sent the pm for my profile to be updated because i just got back from bootcamp.

hanslergf
10-05-09, 02:10 PM
Yes you can have one in MOS school but since you go to MOS school straight from MCT I would wait till you settle in at MOS school. I would recommend a laptop over desktop due to space limitation in the barracks rooms not to mention you might have to change barracks rooms once or twice while you are there, laptops are just much easier to move. GL.

dizark
10-06-09, 01:34 AM
0600 goes to 29 Palms. I should know, I went there, but as a 0621. Anyways, yes, you can have a laptop in your room. There are lounges with wireless internet, but it isn't all that great. You can share a connection with your roommates if you get cable internet from TimeWarner installed.

Buy a laptop from the PX at 29 Palms as it's tax free and they have some decent deals.

Enjoy and good luck with MCT.

btw, data systems should be 0651. If you're active duty, you should be listed as 06xx at this time.