PDA

View Full Version : Reenlistment after misdiagnosed asthma

Slattery
10-05-09, 03:37 AM
Good evening Marines, I have a question I hope I might be able to get some insight on. I enlisted into the DEP March 12 of last year (2008), and left for MCRD San Diego August 25. I got sick like...

Lisa 23
10-05-09, 09:06 AM
It would be great if you'd fill out the rest of your profile so that Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking too...and read the rules in the Poolee & Ask A Marine forums.

Slattery
10-05-09, 01:03 PM
Thank you for your time Marine, and I apologize for not completely filling out my profile. I went through and did complete it after reading your post, and also went through and read the rules on the forum as well. I understand that not doing so prior to posting was violating rules of the forum, and I apologize. Thanks again for your time in posting.

Quinbo
10-05-09, 01:14 PM
Asthma, sore knees, pulled groin, constant headaches. All are a freakin crutch and an excuse to not perform up to standards. Don't come to me for a crying towel. You didn't make it because you aren't cut out for it. If you're looking for help on how to circumvent the basic requirements of being a Marine you really are barking up the wrong tree. Natural born sick bay commando.

Zulu 36
10-05-09, 02:04 PM
Asthma, sore knees, pulled groin, constant headaches. All are a freakin crutch and an excuse to not perform up to standards. Don't come to me for a crying towel. You didn't make it because you aren't cut out for it. If you're looking for help on how to circumvent the basic requirements of being a Marine you really are barking up the wrong tree. Natural born sick bay commando.

Except for the asthma part, it sounds like basic daily routine for a recruit.

Seeing at the Marine Corps is full, and recruiters are turning away potential recruits who don't need waivers, I can't see why they would really want to waste time processing a waiver, or why such a waiver would be granted.

Regardless of your background, getting back in is probably impossible at this time. Try the Army.

SGT7477
10-05-09, 03:04 PM
Go army.

Quinbo
10-05-09, 03:17 PM
Except for the asthma part, it sounds like basic daily routine for a recruit.

Seeing at the Marine Corps is full, and recruiters are turning away potential recruits who don't need waivers, I can't see why they would really want to waste time processing a waiver, or why such a waiver would be granted.

Regardless of your background, getting back in is probably impossible at this time. Try the Army.

Ahh Zulu ... I'm sure you are familiar with the paper trail thing (not implying you but coppers have to do the same thing). Send the lad to sick bay then send him back. Two different assesments. That is hard to beat. Nothing anyone can say on the internet is going to improve his circumstance so we cut the apron strings and take him off the nipple in not so nice a way.

Zulu 36
10-05-09, 05:33 PM
Ahh Zulu ... I'm sure you are familiar with the paper trail thing (not implying you but coppers have to do the same thing). Send the lad to sick bay then send him back. Two different assesments. That is hard to beat. Nothing anyone can say on the internet is going to improve his circumstance so we cut the apron strings and take him off the nipple in not so nice a way.

Absolutely correct.

Cue the loud "Pop" sound :cry: