PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding bu-med waivers.

Cbenfield45
10-04-09, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone, I was disqualified from MEPS because I have a slight case of Pectus Excavatum(sunken chest)... I went to a cardiologist and pulmonologist, both docs said I was good to go and wrote the letters for bu-med... It has been about 3 weeks and I havent heard back from my recruiter... I was just wondering what is the usual time frame for bu-med to respond back with a waiver? Thanks for any answers.

dizark
10-05-09, 12:19 AM
When I enlisted last year, I was told that BUMED has a month to make their decision. At first, we weren't hearing from them in the beginning of the month and then my recruiter was told that the first half of the month, they spend time working on the Officers' paperwork, then the second half they work on the enlisted. However, my recruiter kept in contact fairly often with me even if he had heard nothing. Doesn't hurt to follow up with your recruiter.

Good luck to you!

Cbenfield45
10-05-09, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the help sir. I see your MOS:0621, that is what I plan to pursue...My dream is to make it into ANGLICO. What are the odds of making it into ANGLICO as 0621?

dizark
10-06-09, 01:27 AM
Sorry, I know nothing about ANGLICO.