PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit on how long a married Marine can deploy??

Lupo22
10-03-09, 10:15 AM
I've heard from a few guys around our platoon that there is a limit as to how long a married Marine can be deployed for and how many months they can be deployed in a 4 year enlistment. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks S/F

Zulu 36
10-03-09, 11:20 AM
Yes there is a limit to how long a married Marine can be deployed on a four-year enlistment: 48-months.

Quinbo
10-03-09, 11:45 AM
Yes there is a limit to how long a married Marine can be deployed on a four-year enlistment: 48-months.

LOL you got that right on. There is also a misconception on what a deployment is. If you get sent to 29 palms for a CAX for 6 weeks that is not a deployment. If you get sent to norway for a 2 month winter training exercise that is not a deployment. If you get sent to bridgeport for a a 6 week mountain warfare training course that is not a deployment. There might and I don't know, be a limit on the length of deployment but it doesn't hinge on married or single. There is no limit on the amount of time you spend not sleeping in your own bed and eating chow at your own supper table.

Lupo22
10-03-09, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the answers...I was pretty sure that was all just heresay. The wifey will be disappointed lol

Zulu 36
10-03-09, 01:33 PM
I do seem to remember reading someplace that if a military member (any branch) is deployed more than X-number of months in a row, or has X-number too few of months between deployments, they are eligible for an increased family sep allowance.

I have not researched this, but am relying on memory. You should be able to Google or go on the USMC site and find out. I'd ask my #1 daughter as she keeps track of these things (she is an "Orders Wh*re" - her words), but she is busy with her UTA right now.

As Bulkyker stated, training gigs are not considered deployments.