PDA

View Full Version : Working out in the fleet.

JasonJ1234
10-02-09, 01:09 AM
Hello again Marines, im very into physical fitness, and id like to know when you are in the fleet what chances are there for you to workout outside of PT. What kind of facilities are available to me to improve myself further while im stationed.

ecom
10-02-09, 01:21 AM
There should be weight rooms and cardio equipment generally available in gyms. Pull up bars everywhere and miles of running trails.

You can PT on your own time if you have time for it but you still need to participate in your unit PT sessions.

dizark
10-02-09, 01:30 AM
Sgt hit it right on the head. You can also do your basic PT in your room, such as pushups, crunches, etc. The gyms on base are usually quite nice but you'll constantly see people running around tracks at football fields on base, or running around the streets of the base.

Petz
10-02-09, 01:55 AM
Hello again Marines, im very into physical fitness, and id like to know when you are in the fleet what chances are there for you to workout outside of PT. What kind of facilities are available to me to improve myself further while im stationed.

no, you are locked in your barracks room right after evening chow. You're not allowed to do your own thing or goto the gym. The only time you're allowed out of your room other than work and chow is for barracks duty.

I'm sorry, this is like a complete bone-head question. Do you really think you can't go out and do your own thing? the only intelligible part of this was the second question which leads me to believe that you're smart, just had a total blond moment.

quick to think, slow to speak.

echo3oscar1833
10-02-09, 10:55 AM
no, you are locked in your barracks room right after evening chow. You're not allowed to do your own thing or goto the gym. The only time you're allowed out of your room other than work and chow is for barracks duty.

I'm sorry, this is like a complete bone-head question. Do you really think you can't go out and do your own thing? the only intelligible part of this was the second question which leads me to believe that you're smart, just had a total blond moment.

quick to think, slow to speak.

ROFL!!:D