PDA

View Full Version : mos bonus?

Jaybaker87
10-01-09, 11:52 AM
i been trying to get ahold of my recruiter but he has been busy so i was wandering if the marines here could help. my mos is NBRC its supposed to carry a bonus he told me i believe that the bonuses come out in oct. Do you marines know if my job has a bonus now? also i was told by a marine friend of mine to get it in writing if i do should I? Also I dont know if it is offensive to ask my recruiter to put it in writing like I dont trust him? I hope you can help me marines thank you

Lisa 23
10-01-09, 01:14 PM
I can't help you with your question, but when using the word Marine, it will always be capitalized.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Jaybaker87
10-01-09, 01:19 PM
Sorry I didnt capitalize Marine for now on iI will be sure to but does any Marines know the answer to my question

slimmy07
10-01-09, 01:48 PM
Ok, the best bet if your recruiter is busy is to contact the station NCOIC. The NCOIC will have the answer to the bonus and how much. Also, everything is in "writing". A recruiter can't write anything in like most people seem to think. There are SOU's (statement of understanding) when you choose an MOS or get a bonus. Everyone signs an SOU for a bonus. Its the same for an MOS. If you have a bonus coming your way, you will sign a paper or two. The best thing right now is t contact the NCOIC.

dizark
10-02-09, 01:42 AM
Yup, when you sign your Statement of Understanding, it will show if there is a bonus or not. Just received my bonus finally.

Petz
10-02-09, 01:51 AM
dizark, did you really have to be an echo? the Sgt is/was a recruiter, he's speaking from his knowledge base. I understand you got a bonus, but once the question is answered unless you feel there is more information that is needed or if you think condensing 20 peoples answers into a more concise response is prudent you don't need to reaffirm someone elses response with anything other than "yup, he's right" or something similar.

Stay motivated.

to the OP, since you spelled wondering "wandering" I started imagining you with a nasally Hispanic voice, like the one cheech used to do. Is that profiling?

slimmy07
10-02-09, 12:58 PM
dizark, did you really have to be an echo? the Sgt is/was a recruiter, he's speaking from his knowledge base. I understand you got a bonus, but once the question is answered unless you feel there is more information that is needed or if you think condensing 20 peoples answers into a more concise response is prudent you don't need to reaffirm someone elses response with anything other than "yup, he's right" or something similar.

Stay motivated.

to the OP, since you spelled wondering "wandering" I started imagining you with a nasally Hispanic voice, like the one cheech used to do. Is that profiling?

No, it's not profiling. LOL.:D