PDA

View Full Version : Marriage?

Ceckert
10-01-09, 10:34 AM
I have been with my fiance for 3 years now, and she is saying we should get married before I leave for recruit traing. I reccommend to her that it is probably better that we wait until i am either done with Recruit Training or MCT because we would then be able to see where our relationsip has gone from that point whether it has grown stronger or we have become more distant. I believe her sister is telling her that we should get married prior to boot camp because I would make a little bit more money. I leave for recruit Training on 7 dec

It is best to wait until I graduate boot camp before getting married?

Thank You for all replies MARINES.

Gunner 0313
10-01-09, 10:51 AM
:flag:Wait until you get to the FMF, by then you might not want any excess baggage to drag around.

Ceckert
10-01-09, 10:54 AM
what does FMF mean MARINE?

Gunner 0313
10-01-09, 11:00 AM
:flag:Fleet Marine Force=Your first duty station.

Ceckert
10-01-09, 11:01 AM
ok Thanks Marine.

0331 2 0369
10-01-09, 11:09 AM
It is wise to hold off till you reach your first duty station at least. You many checkin and they tell you not to unpack your bags because you will be deploying soon. If she can't wait till then, she ain't worth keeping. I think you have the right mind-set for this as to your post. Stick to your guns and hold off for a while. May find out later that while you have been busting your arse in training that she was busting her arse with your best friend. Give it some time to see how she handles being seperated.

Ceckert
10-01-09, 11:25 AM
It is wise to hold off till you reach your first duty station at least. You many checkin and they tell you not to unpack your bags because you will be deploying soon. If she can't wait till then, she ain't worth keeping. I think you have the right mind-set for this as to your post. Stick to your guns and hold off for a while. May find out later that while you have been busting your arse in training that she was busting her arse with your best friend. Give it some time to see how she handles being seperated.

Thanks for this advice Marine it is very heplful

Gunner 0313
10-01-09, 11:29 AM
:flag:Just like the Gunny said, not many women can deal with that kind of seperation.

Ceckert
10-01-09, 11:50 AM
This is true, and I have told her this before, and she acts as if she will be okay but once again thanks for your responses MARINES

Lisa 23
10-01-09, 01:22 PM
My advise is to you is to wait also.
Boot Camp is only 3 months, and hopefully nothing happens that'll keep you there any longer; and by time you go thru MCT or SOI and your MOS school, that's another couple months....marriage is a lifetime! If she really loves you, she'll understand and wait.

Ceckert
10-01-09, 02:09 PM
My advise is to you is to wait also.
Boot Camp is only 3 months, and hopefully nothing happens that'll keep you there any longer; and by time you go thru MCT or SOI and your MOS school, that's another couple months....marriage is a lifetime! If she really loves you, she'll understand and wait.

Thanks for your response Marine it is very true.

Zulu 36
10-01-09, 02:18 PM
Once again, my standard advice.

Don't get married while in the Corps until you are at least a Sergeant (or are independently wealthy).

Lisa 23
10-01-09, 05:37 PM
Thanks for your response Marine it is very true.

You're Welcome! :thumbup:

SlingerDun
10-01-09, 05:41 PM
It is best to wait until I graduate boot camp before getting married?Yes it's best and then some. Don't cave in to their scheming, stand fast.. You seem to have at least a gut feeling as to what is best

--->Dave

Ceckert
10-01-09, 09:29 PM
yes i do. I work with a retired Master Gunnery Sgt. he gives me quite a bit of advise for the MARINE CORP and what to expect. well thanks for all of your responses MARINES.

Lisa 23
10-01-09, 09:46 PM
yes i do. I work with a retired Master Gunnery Sgt. he gives me quite a bit of advise for the MARINE CORP and what to expect. well thanks for all of your responses MARINES.

That's MARINE CORPS!

WKranz
10-01-09, 11:28 PM
No typos poolee, be ashamed, human error is unacceptable.

Petz
10-02-09, 02:00 AM
yeah, if it hasn't been drilled home yet I'd concur with what everyone else has said, hell the gunny, 0331, was spot on. I don't think anyone else could have put it better.

women are a dime a dozen (unless their a WM then they're worth a little bit more :D) especially when you consider you've only been in your neck of the woods your whole life. If things don't work out then you've the rest of your life ahead of you.

Ceckert
10-02-09, 11:33 AM
My apologizes MARINES. ITS MARINE CORPS