PDA

View Full Version : Marines repair homes damaged in training exercise

thedrifter
10-01-09, 08:20 AM
Marines repair homes damaged in training exercise

Marines are making repairs after a training exercise damages some central Kentucky properties. "They got about right above the house," resident Tim Evans says. "Everything went flying. There was furniture, it looked like a mini-tornado going through."

Some Frankfort residents say military exercises involving an aircraft took place Tuesday afternoon blew yard furniture around, took down a fence, and caused several limbs to fall. Residents say they were lucky the majority of the damage happened in their yards and was nothing major.

Evans says, "I got a little nervous as it got close to the top of my house there. And I was watching, all the trees over the roof of my house were bending over looking like they were about ready to break. When my furniture flew by me is when it caught me a little off guard and I figured it was time to get my daughter up and get her in the house."

The Marines say they didn't mean to disturb residents. They'll be cleaning up the area through the rest of Wednesday and on Thursday.

Ellie