PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Used in War on Terror

Patriot89
09-29-09, 07:12 PM
Hello. I'm looking into joining one of the world's greatest fighting forces, but had a few minor questions. I've already seen a lot on boot camp and know about the intensity of training there. I was wondering about the weapons you actually use when you arrive in Afghanistan? the marine website says it's the M16 but I thought the military primarily uses the M4 now? Also, how good are the scopes (Acog, Reflex sight)that come with the M4/M16 and do all marines get them? Are they of great assistance or are you trained how to shoot well even without the scopes? Do you get to pick the weapons you carry and tools or are they assigned to you? Any info would be great since this is something of great interest to me. thank you very much

Zulu 36
09-29-09, 07:34 PM
Hello. I'm looking into joining one of the world's greatest fighting forces, but had a few minor questions. I've already seen a lot on boot camp and know about the intensity of training there. I was wondering about the weapons you actually use when you arrive in Afghanistan? the marine website says it's the M16 but I thought the military primarily uses the M4 now? Also, how good are the scopes (Acog, Reflex sight)that come with the M4/M16 and do all marines get them? Are they of great assistance or are you trained how to shoot well even without the scopes? Do you get to pick the weapons you carry and tools or are they assigned to you? Any info would be great since this is something of great interest to me. thank you very much

Profile up. Read the site rules and stickies, then research your question first using the search function. Much of what you ask has been covered previously.