PDA

View Full Version : Conditions of the M16A1 Service Rifle

gonzo4
09-28-09, 03:21 AM
Good evening Marines,

I am getting together other things I feel would be beneficial to my time on Parris Island. As of right now I am looking for the conditions and traits of the M16A1 service rifle. I am also wondering what else would be helpful to know. Everything on the Ultimate Survival Guide to Boot Camp forum I have squared away. I also have the mission of the Marine Corps, Leadership Traits, and Leadership Principles down. If there is anything else you feel would be beneficial to learn it would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,
Gonzo4

josephd
09-28-09, 03:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about learning all that kind of stuff in advance, whether you know it or not your DI's are still going to drill it into you and the rest of your platoon

0231Marine
09-28-09, 07:39 AM
Good evening Marines,

I am getting together other things I feel would be beneficial to my time on Parris Island. As of right now I am looking for the conditions and traits of the M16A1 service rifle. I am also wondering what else would be helpful to know. Everything on the Ultimate Survival Guide to Boot Camp forum I have squared away. I also have the mission of the Marine Corps, Leadership Traits, and Leadership Principles down. If there is anything else you feel would be beneficial to learn it would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,
Gonzo4

I'd be more concerned with learning the M16-A2 since that's what you'll be using. They haven't used A1's since the early 80's...lol

Melancon
09-28-09, 10:59 AM
Condition 4 - Magazine Removed, chamber empty, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Condition 3 - Magazine Inserted, chamber empty, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Condition 2 - Does not apply to the M16A2 service rifle.

Condition 1 - Magazine Inserted, round in the chamber, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Thats just off the top of my head so I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure its right tho.

Melancon
09-28-09, 11:06 AM
Condition 4 - Magazine Removed, chamber empty, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Condition 3 - Magazine Inserted, chamber empty, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Condition 2 - Does not apply to the M16A2 service rifle.

Condition 1 - Magazine Inserted, round in the chamber, bolt forward, weapon on safe, ejection port cover closed.

Thats just off the top of my head so I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure its right tho.

0331 2 0369
09-28-09, 11:08 AM
Trying to get your post count up? :D