PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Admin/Supply Guru (IBM 3270)

Mesto53
09-28-09, 02:34 AM
I'm looking for someone proficient in the IBM 3270 Reflection Terminal.

I'm trying to pull information automatically into a database, i.e. Microsoft Access, from 3270. At the very least over into an Excel Spreadsheet for easy transfer into a Microsoft Access Table. Whether it be Supply Reports, or Administration information on Marines in a Unit.

I've tried to connect using Telnet, or other programs for easier access, but to no avail. Any help possible is greatly appreciated. Myself and my OIC have done what we can to exhaust all Google prospects. lol

Thank you :D

BR34
09-28-09, 05:58 AM
Try copy/paste. Or print it then scan it if you need a digital copy.

I can't think of any program you can use to do it, probably because it wouldn't be legal.

Quinbo
09-28-09, 06:20 AM
I started to reply then stopped then started again.

Juicemang
09-28-09, 09:35 AM
In my four years as an 0121/0151 I never even *heard* of extracting directly from MCTFS to an outside program. I don't think that'd be legit.

Administratively, if you want to build rosters, MOL works pretty well for most stuff.

Mesto53
09-28-09, 06:08 PM
Not Legal/Not Legit? I'm pulling from a database using my permissions, and want nothing more than for output back to a database vice the single screen displays..

I'll keep trying to figure it out though. Maybe if I could print my unit's training records into a file on my computer (using the terminal printer) then somehow pulling from that file automatically to a database type program.

Thanks for the help

DIBLO7
09-28-09, 06:44 PM
Use ODSE.

Quinbo
10-02-09, 05:33 AM
Ask Achped.... he works in supply. If you are just trying to form a database locally then use lotus approach or MS access and manually enter the data.

Kegler300
10-02-09, 05:46 AM
Use ODSE.

Ditto. Must have a minimum of a NACLC (military) or NACI (civilian) background investigation. Also, MISSO's require digital SAAR's for access requests.