PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions

TaylorEdw
09-27-09, 11:25 PM
Hello Marines, <br />
<br />
My name is Taylor and I'm an 18 year old potential recruit..I have been interested in joining for some time now and have a few dilemmas that I face. <br />
<br />
I was diagnosed with both ADD...

TaylorEdw
09-27-09, 11:34 PM
Also, besides the medical history, I am COMPLETELY fine. I have never had any surgeries, broken bones, never used drugs, never had a ticket, etc.

samthomas
09-27-09, 11:36 PM
Don't lie. You will end up carrying it forever, and it will have an impact on your future options. You don't know what is around the corner, and those little lies could end up causing a world of pain. Tell the truth and roll the dice. As has been said a million times, not everyone is able to be a Marine. There are many other ways to serve your country.

davblay
09-28-09, 01:23 AM
Lie, half truth, withhold information? The Corps is not having to knock down doors to get recruits these days and I don't think they would appreciate someone that would do either to get in! :evilgrin:

To me...a liar will steal from you! The Corps don't need that kind of trash!

My advice......talk to a recruiter :marine:! Forget about what the other people say, a recruiter knows the current regs and such. If you get in then you are straight up, nothing to worry about coming back to bite you in the butt!

Good luck,

Dave

Lisa 23
09-28-09, 09:06 AM
Speak up so it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt. <br />
Did you ever hear of 'fraudulent enlistment?' <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
“Any person who— <br />
(1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces...

TaylorEdw
09-28-09, 12:55 PM
Okay, thanks Marines! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond.

Looks like I need to be honest and take the risk of getting turned down..as heartbreaking as it may be.

Thanks again!

-Taylor