PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Reserve to Active duty bonus/incentive questions.

TyrantUT
09-27-09, 11:20 PM
I have a few questions about this.
6 year reserve contract, just about 600 days active duty.
Will I rate a reenlistment bonus going into active? If so, is it the reserve or active bonus.
Also, the MARADMIN Active Number: 0539/09 regarding reenlistment incentives. There is a section about foreign language schools seats. I took the DLAB a while back just for fun and scored over 100. When going from reserve to active and a reenlistment of 4 years, will I be able to take advantage of something like this?

TyrantUT
09-28-09, 09:55 PM
Anyone?

TyrantUT
09-30-09, 11:04 PM
Since no one has any information on this, does anyone know where I might look or who to ask? I have checked all over the internet and the prior service recruiter I talked to had no information.

William Hardy
10-01-09, 07:17 AM
No information, but to give you a piece of "guidance"....
Things like this change often and are subject to the need of the service. I have seen people getting their "ducks in a row" only to find themselves shot down because quotas were filled and the need is gone. In my 41 years (13 active and the rest reserve time) I qualified only one time for a bonus and it was reduced because the month before I re-enlisted on active duty the VRB dropped and I had not signed the papers in time to lock in the higher bonus.

Check with your local recruiter and stay on his case about keeping you informed of any changes. Ask him to give you the addresses of any web sites you can monitor.

Good Luck SF

If the recruiter you are working with isn't helpful, it means he has decided you are not worth his time. He is being pressured to recuite new people and maybe he thinks you are interferring and he has to meet his quota or else.....I hate to say it, but sometimes it happens. Just stay on his case. He has the info..he's not telling you the truth...start web searching...you will find information.

TyrantUT
10-01-09, 12:16 PM
Rog Thanks for the info.