PDA

View Full Version : Lions beat Redskins 19-14 and end 19-game skid

jetdawgg
09-27-09, 04:47 PM
DETROIT (AP)—Finally, the Detroit Lions are winners.

With rookie Matthew Stafford(notes) leading the way, Detroit ended a 19-game losing streak with a 19-14 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

The Lions (1-2) had not won since Dec. 23, 2007 and their skid matched the second longest in NFL history. They no longer will have to hear about closing in on Tampa Bay’s record 26-game losing streak set during the 1976-77 seasons.

Stafford threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to Bryant Johnson(notes) in the first quarter and Detroit added a fourth-quarter score after a pass interference penalty. Then the Lions had to hold off the Redskins’ final drive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AvWSQnmYHyv3mNUr.T.Lkh5DubYF?gid=200909 27008

Juicemang
09-27-09, 10:34 PM
Hell yeah, GO LIONS!

temarti
09-28-09, 06:28 AM
It was another Washington "bailout", haha... plus add a UGA QB and new coaching staff and attitude it is bound to go their way.

jetdawgg
09-28-09, 07:58 AM
Jim Zorn, Redskins Coach is now on the chopping block.....the waiting begins:devious::D

temarti
09-28-09, 08:28 AM
Not a fan of the Redskins, just have to endure the games since living in the area. I think Riggins is right when he said it is not the coaching it is the ownership.

The only way to change the ownership is to not pay to go to the games, then Snyder will sell.

Kudos to Detroit, they did play a good game.

0331 2 0369
09-28-09, 08:50 AM
Being a Redskin fan since as far back as I can remember as a child, I really hate what we have going right now. I look at it in different ways. Zorn and Campbell needs to find a new home or we need a new coach that isn't afraid of making Campbell get dirty and quit being a "pretty boy" quarterback. As of right now, they can both quit as far as I am concerned. It is easier to replace one of two than it is to replace the entire roster. Either way, Zorn needs to GO.:devious:

0331 2 0369
09-28-09, 08:52 AM
Kudos to Detroit, they did play a good game.

I am in no way a fan of Detroit but at the same time I hate to see any team go as long as they did without a win. They did play a good game and they should all call Zorn and thank him for being such a friggin idiot of a coach.

Good job Detroit. :beer:

jetdawgg
09-30-09, 11:29 AM
It was another Washington "bailout", haha... plus add a UGA QB and new coaching staff and attitude it is bound to go their way.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TuQycssJB6E/SJ4wqRCo0WI/AAAAAAAAADc/2g3gHdIbfps/s400/dawn_wells_maryann.jpg

FistFu68
09-30-09, 01:02 PM
:evilgrin: They had a chance too pick up Michael Vick,4 alot less instead of the 100 Million Dollar Man on the Defensive line!The Owner has too Go,Jimmy Zorn is a Very good coach The Quarterback is a Wuss. :beer: :iwo:

Osotogary
09-30-09, 01:04 PM
"...we need a new coach that isn't afraid of making Campbell get dirty and quit being a "pretty boy" quarterback."

If Campbell played like Zorn did maybe the results would be different. If memory serves me correct, Zorn was quite a tussler, kind of like a Billy Kilmer. Who knows?

Zulu 36
09-30-09, 01:18 PM
I lived in Detroit or environs for most of my life. I gave up on the Lions a long time ago and have no cause to regret my decision.

I was around the owner of the Lions a number of time when I was a teenager, working as a caddy at the Country Club of Detroit. William Clay Ford was a rude, crude, egocentric idiot then and nothing has changed over the years. If it wasn't for his family, he would have been in the Capuchin monk's soup line a long time ago.

On the other hand, GO RED WINGS!!

Osotogary
09-30-09, 01:30 PM
I gave up on the Lions a long time ago and have no cause to regret my decision.

Zulu 36- Tell me you missed Quarterback Bobby Lane puking in the huddle after a long night of ribaldry. Dick "Night Train" Lane? Where you able to see him play? Now those were teams that were fun watching.

Zulu 36
09-30-09, 01:56 PM
Zulu 36- Tell me you missed Quarterback Bobby Lane puking in the huddle after a long night of ribaldry. Dick "Night Train" Lane? Where you able to see him play? Now those were teams that were fun watching.

I still watched back then. Don't forget Lion's lineman Alex Karras and his bar fight with Dick the Bruiser in the Lindell A.C. in Detroit. They tore the joint apart.

(For the young'uns, Alex Karras also played the movie role of Mongo in Blazing Saddles and other acting roles too).

Petz
09-30-09, 02:25 PM
honestly, do they have awesome nick names anymore????

Zulu 36
09-30-09, 02:27 PM
honestly, do they have awesome nick names anymore????

Not like they used to. Alex Karras used to be known as the "Mad Duck."

FistFu68
09-30-09, 03:14 PM
:evilgrin: Never mattered how their record was whenever they Played I would always watch them when Barry Sanders was driving Defenses nuts :beer: :iwo:

kabar1
09-30-09, 03:32 PM
they are my home team.go LIONS to bad we cant bring back billy sims and barry sanders oh what a team they would make.

semper fi,
kabar1

Zulu 36
09-30-09, 03:34 PM
Never mattered how their record was whenever they Played I would always watch them when Barry Sanders was driving Defenses nuts

It was about when Barry Sanders got hurt that I stopped caring about the Lions. He was a joy to watch.

Ahhh, what could have been.... :(