PDA

View Full Version : M.u.c. ?

BR34
09-22-09, 08:07 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice about how I could go about getting a M.U.C. awarded to a large number of Marines here at my unit.

What rank do you have to be to write Marines up for an award?

Do I simply type of the reason(s) I believe said Marines deserve the M.U.C. and then forward it to...CO 1st Sgt, CO Guns, CO?

Is there even anything I can do to suggest something like this, or am I completely off base?

0331 2 0369
09-23-09, 07:39 AM
You can't. MUC - Merritorious Unit Citation. The unit would have to be recommended for the award then it would have to go through the Awards board for approval. The MUC covers the whole unit, not just some of the Marines in it.

0331 2 0369
09-23-09, 07:41 AM
If you feel that some Marines have gone beyond the call of duty in respect to what they have done, read up on the NAM (Navy Achievement Medal). They may qualify for that. You can recommend it to your PltSgt who then should take it up with the PltCmdr.

BR34
09-23-09, 07:54 AM
Thanks Gunny. I'm gonna write up something snazzy about the Marines and their accomplishment then bring it up to Plt Cmdr.

0331 2 0369
09-23-09, 08:20 AM
That is how you get the ball rolling!

You can offer your recommendation for what award you think they deserve but he will put them in for what he thinks, if any. That all depends on how well the PltCmdr works with the Marines. If he is a peckerhead, he may only want to give them a Letter of Appreciation. On the other end of that scale, he may very well think they deserve a NAM.

Sometimes the officers are so caught up with their duties within the Company that they don't see the things their Marines are actually doing. Sometimes it takes a fellow Marine to point those accomplishments out to the PltCmdr.

If you are doing this because they are simply your fiends...... wrong answer.

If you are doing this because of their accomplishments...... Good for you.