PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about boot camp

Zoltta1
09-22-09, 07:07 PM
According to this LINK (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp) it shows the graduation dates of all battalions coming up. Im shipping out Nov 2nd so my grad date would be 20100129. Chart says 3rd Battalion India Co is graduating that day, so that means i will be 3rd Bn India Co correct?

Also is it true what i hear about certain battalions?

"1st Bn. makes gentleman, 2nd Bn. makes Marines and 3rd Bn. makes MACHINES!"

i heard my recruiter and another Marine joke about this. Is this true? If so why?

If all of the above is correct, im damn excited to be in 3rd Bn. :banana:

polizei
09-22-09, 07:12 PM
3rd Bn is the best! No doubt about it, even 1st and 2nd Bn Marines wish they were 3rd. I was proud to be 3rd Bn, Mike Co. On the East coast, Mike is the best company, west it is Kilo according to the junior Marines I've talked to and been with the past few months.

Good luck!

tangovictor87
09-22-09, 07:32 PM
every depot, BN, company and platoon will talk sh!t about the others. even in the fleet.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-22-09, 08:00 PM
According to this LINK (http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp) it shows the graduation dates of all battalions coming up. Im shipping out Nov 2nd so my grad date would be 20100129. Chart says 3rd Battalion India Co is graduating that day, so that means i will be 3rd Bn India Co correct?

i heard my recruiter and another Marine joke about this. Is this true? If so why?

If you did the math correctly then that will be your company.

And all battalions regardless of location have to follow the exact same training regiment. There is no such thing as one battalion being harder then any other, or one company being tougher then any other. That is just BS that continues to be spread by motivated people such as yourself.

Once you graduate you really don't care what company/battalion you graduated with.

Zoltta1
09-22-09, 08:02 PM
If you did the math correctly then that will be your company.

And all battalions regardless of location have to follow the exact same training regiment. There is no such thing as one battalion being harder then any other, or one company being tougher then any other. That is just BS that continues to be spread by motivated people such as yourself.

Once you graduate you really don't care what company/battalion you graduated with.

hmm guess that solves it. Even though it may not be true, i guess its better to THINK your battalion is tougher so you go in giving more effort and have more moto.

tangovictor87
09-22-09, 08:04 PM
my favorite BN is 4th BN at the island...

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-22-09, 08:08 PM
hmm guess that solves it. Even though it may not be true, i guess its better to THINK your battalion is tougher so you go in giving more effort and have more moto.

Whatever works for you. You will see PI Marines swear up and down they are more hard core then SD Marines. Why they say this...I have no clue. People especially from PI always swear their battalion was the fiercest..why? I have no clue. It's not like each company picks and chooses their training schedule. Everyone does the same thing.

I was in "humping HOTEL Co." and I used to think we humped more then everyone else. Not true at all. "Easy ECHO is not easy at all..and so on and so on. If someone wants to think their battalion is more hardcore, then oh well.

Zoltta1
09-22-09, 08:17 PM
Whatever works for you. You will see PI Marines swear up and down they are more hard core then SD Marines. Why they say this...I have no clue. People especially from PI always swear their battalion was the fiercest..why? I have no clue. It's not like each company picks and chooses their training schedule. Everyone does the same thing.

I was in "humping HOTEL Co." and I used to think we humped more then everyone else. Not true at all. "Easy ECHO is not easy at all..and so on and so on. If someone wants to think their battalion is more hardcore, then oh well.

i guess its the fact that they dont get to see other battalions train often. They probably think, "oh man this PT is insane, i bet the other battalions dont have this". Meanwhile its all the same i guess.

Lisa 23
09-22-09, 08:21 PM

It would be a good thing to update your profile to include your shipdate. :thumbup:

Zoltta1
09-22-09, 08:29 PM
It would be a good thing to update your profile to include your shipdate. :thumbup:

whoops, good lookin out Marine

dizark
09-22-09, 09:10 PM
Best of luck to you when you reach those yellow footprints. 90% Mental, 10% Physical. I learned this before going to boot camp, and sure enough, it was 100% true.

scifguard
09-23-09, 12:08 PM

Why yes, that is true. If your in 1st Bn they give you a walking stick. 2nd Bn just makes you a Marine and that is it. 3rd Bn turns you into a cyborg and you get a machine gun mounted on your arm.

sparkie
09-23-09, 12:13 PM
Always rumors and scuttlebutt. In '69, the 1st were said to be animals. Us of the 3rd was supposed to be afraid of em. Bullpucky.
It was also said all of the 1st was going straight to Nam. Don't believe everything, pup.

0231Marine
09-24-09, 07:50 AM
3rd Bn is the best! No doubt about it, even 1st and 2nd Bn Marines wish they were 3rd. I was proud to be 3rd Bn, Mike Co. On the East coast, Mike is the best company, west it is Kilo according to the junior Marines I've talked to and been with the past few months.

Good luck!

Is that right Polizei? 1st and 2nd wished they were 3rd? Is that because 3rd was the easiest? Is that because Mike Company got snack time every day and got to call their DI's by their first names? LOL