PDA

View Full Version : U.S.M.C. Rifles?

kimosabi1988
09-21-09, 10:32 PM
Hello Marines, I was watching the movie "Lord of War" today and in the movie they say that it costs more for the military to ship all the weapons back from a combat zone then to just buy new ones. My question is, What does the Marine Corps do with all of thier old weapons? What does the U.S. military do with all of thier old weaponry? Can they be purchased?
Thank you Marines.

Lisa 23
09-21-09, 10:34 PM
And this has to do with boot camp how......?

"The purpose of this forum is to allow those who are aspiring to join the U.S. Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice."

And I don't see how this has to do with your career of wanting to be a Marine.

kimosabi1988
09-21-09, 10:52 PM
"Ask A Marine Forum for poolees and wannabes to ask a Marine a question"
I am sorry Ma'am I just thought this was a place to ask a Marine a Question. I didn't see anything that said we were supposed to only be asking questions about boot camp. So it does not have anything to do with boot camp, just a general question. Thanks for your help.

Lisa 23
09-21-09, 11:03 PM
As I've already posted, your question has nothing to do with boot camp or a career of being a Marine, and yes this is a Ask A Marine forum, and as it clearly states at the beginning of the rules in the Ask A Marine forum...
"The purpose of this forum is to allow those who are aspiring to join the U.S. Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice."
You asked a question and it was answered. I think it's time to move on.

kimosabi1988
09-21-09, 11:17 PM
Where should I post this question? All I want is an answer, I'm not trying to be rude but i just want to know the answer to my question, I have been nothing but respectful and just want an honest answer to my question, If you cannot answer it then can you at least lead me in the right direction? Thank you Ma'am.

Alisium
09-21-09, 11:45 PM
I don't see why he cannot ask this question here.

As for the rifles. They go to DERMO when they get old. The military junk yard. After that, I'd wager that they are recyled for their metal. I don't think it's lawful to sell functioning weapons.