PDA

View Full Version : I was disqualified at MEPS for a history of depression

Coffee24
09-21-09, 07:13 AM
I went into MEPS about 4 weeks ago and I was given a permanent disqualification. I've been reading on the internet that I have to apply for a waiver, and before I get the news as to whether or not I get a waiver I have to have a consultation with somebody. My recruiter told me that he's already talked to the person my parents used to make me go to for counseling and she agreed to write a statement, and he's also said that the paperwork is already in. After reading some of the stuff I found with google, I'm assuming that right now I'm just waiting for the consultation, but the wait is pretty frustrating.

My question is how long could it take for me to get any news about this?

Lisa 23
09-21-09, 08:53 AM
There is a career Recruiter here on Leatherneck, GyC. He might be able to answer your question the best for you. You'll just have to wait for him to give you an answer to this, but in my opinion, this is a question that only your Recruiter and the Dr's at MEPS can answer, since they know your situation and have the necessary documents in front of them.

Petz
09-21-09, 09:03 AM
he'll more than likely tell you that you just need to wait until it gets back to you, but he'll give you a generalized time-line from his experience.

that's not saying it'll always fall into that time frame.

Coffee24
09-21-09, 09:19 AM
A generalized time line is good. It's actually exactly what I'm looking for.