PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather gear question

BigWayne3000
09-20-09, 09:46 PM
I'm in the Reserves and am curious as to what is authorized wear under utilities during field ops in cold weather. What can you/cant you wear? I'm looking to order some cold weather gear so I'm ready for the up coming winter. Thanks.

Hologram
09-20-09, 10:08 PM
Uh, it's mostly organizational issue from what I understand, but you can wear your green sweatshirt, I know that much. Your wolly pully can also be worn, but I doubt you want to wear that out to the field.

hussaf
09-20-09, 11:42 PM
There are some new duds being issued for folks deploying. I'm assuming it is in testing phases, but that might be over with now. Needless to say, the way to go about this is going through your chain of command. You never know what little extra rules your CO might be implementing. Plus rules have been changing with the 'new' Commandant, so you might want to look them up. I don't really know them confidently enough to tell you right now.
Even as a reservist you should have a decent issue; goretex w/liner (the liner is your fleece), maybe some warmies (long-sleeve undergarment thingy, like tactical long-johns).