PDA

View Full Version : Paruresis

StevenROTC
09-20-09, 09:02 PM
Hello Marines. My name is Steven, I am 16, and currently in the 11th grade.

I'v wanted to be a soldier for about 3 years now... and now that im getting very close(only one year away).. im getting worried about my 'problem'.

(ugh... this will be embarrasing)
My problem is Paruresis.. I have no problem taking a drug test, I can honestly say i'v never done drugs in my life, but I just have a problem with using the restroom while other people are watching.

Yes I know... bootcamp, and other stuff will be hard with this condition but it is cureable. The only problem is that my parents dont believe me and dont want to waste money on counseling. I KNOW that I can overcome this, but I dont want to have to wait untill after I graduate to Enlist.

So, I was wondering, is there anyway you can waiver the drugtest at M.E.P.S? Or not even a waiver, just like a private room? Maybe even using a Catheter? I'll go to any length to become a Marine.

Thanks for reading... and all the help.

Lisa 23
09-20-09, 09:13 PM

I'v wanted to be a soldier for about 3 years now... and now that im getting very close(only one year away).. im getting worried about my 'problem'.

I can't help you with your question, but the Marine Corps makes MARINES. The Army has soldiers.

StevenROTC
09-20-09, 09:20 PM
I am sorry.. That was my mistake. If I could change it, I would.

slimmy07
09-22-09, 12:22 PM

(ugh... this will be embarrasing)
My problem is Paruresis.. I have no problem taking a drug test, I can honestly say i'v never done drugs in my life, but I just have a problem with using the restroom while other people are watching.

Yes I know... bootcamp, and other stuff will be hard with this condition but it is cureable. The only problem is that my parents dont believe me and dont want to waste money on counseling. I KNOW that I can overcome this, but I dont want to have to wait untill after I graduate to Enlist.

So, I was wondering, is there anyway you can waiver the drugtest at M.E.P.S? Or not even a waiver, just like a private room? Maybe even using a Catheter? I'll go to any length to become a Marine.

Thanks for reading... and all the help.

Your probably Army ROTC huh? Anyways, there is NO chance that you can waive a drug test at MEPS. I would just go talk to a recruiter. I would advise NOT to see a counselor. Your less than a year away kid. You can join the DEP in June of 2010, thats about 8 months away. Best of luck.

Melancon
09-22-09, 01:04 PM
One of my buddies in boot camp had the same problem as you do, and he made it through just fine. If being a Marine is something you really want then this shouldn't be something to stop you. Good luck.