PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with Commanding Officer for Waiver

Aurelius33
09-19-09, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone, <br />
I require a moral waiver for three misdemeanors as a youth, and I understand that this means I will have to be interviewed by the Recruiting Commanding Officer. I am finishing...

Petz
09-19-09, 09:32 PM
you seem fine, but each CO is different, so no one here can give you an answer except the RS CO. <br />
<br />
good luck.

Hologram
09-19-09, 10:03 PM
Like the SSgt said, you should be fine. But if you want to help your case make sure you are well groomed when he interviews you. (clean shaven, clean clothes, etc) It would be a good idea to make sure you show as much respect as your nasty civilian body can muster, such as being certain to call him sir and standing at parade rest for him.

Like I said, you should be good and it shouldn't be a problem, but every little thing counts, and showing him that you're good Marine Corps material is a lot better than you telling him you're good Marine Corps material.

Aurelius33
09-19-09, 10:11 PM
Thank you both for your quick replies. I will certainly take your advice and do my best to show my potential to be a United States Marine. I have read The U.S. Marine Guidebook of Essential Subjects front and back, so I will read it a few more times and try my best to show them my motivation and initiative. Thanks again!

Petz
09-19-09, 11:11 PM
don't over-do it either.

you can talk yourself out of a waiver pretty easily. less is more, give only the information that he requests.

Aurelius33
09-19-09, 11:28 PM
don't over-do it either.

you can talk yourself out of a waiver pretty easily. less is more, give only the information that he requests.

It sounds as if there may be a thin line between making a good impression and over-doing it. Any advice on what not to say, or where I should draw the line between self-praise and just straight forward facts? I understand that every CO is different, but experience in this situation, or any bit of knowledge of it, atleast, would be very helpful in my preparation.

Hologram
09-19-09, 11:32 PM
It sounds as if there may be a thin line between making a good impression and over-doing it. Any advice on what not to say, or where I should draw the line between self-praise and just straight forward facts? I understand that every CO is different, but experience in this situation, or any bit of knowledge of it, atleast, would be very helpful in my preparation.
Just don't talk about yourself unless he asks for it. You're not being interviewed to become an officer, after all, you're just enlisting, and when you answer just be clear and concise about the facts.

Aurelius33
09-19-09, 11:40 PM
Just don't talk about yourself unless he asks for it. You're not being interviewed to become an officer, after all, you're just enlisting, and when you answer just be clear and concise about the facts.

I understand. Thank you very much for your help. I have been working towards this enlistment for a long time and I will not let myself, my family, my recruiter, or anyone else down. Anything that will give me "an edge" is very helpful.

bulldog68
10-10-09, 03:17 PM
I require a medical waiver for a shoulder injury. My re-entry code is 3-P. I know Im not appealing to a recruiter for I have been in before. I have sent a formal request to the Commandant himself. I was 20 years old when I left the Corps. I was provided the opportunity to stay in and rehab my injury, as a Chaser, or go home and collect 20% for the rest of my life. Everyone is telling me to request an increase in my percentage rate, but I know I'll only be ripping off the government. No one knows our bodies better than ourselves. I feel fit for duty. I don't want a stupid decision as a 20 year old to dictate the rest of my life. I feel I am being wasted. I was a police officer for nine years. I am a certified police field training officer and sniper. I also break codes (cryptanalysis). I have a lot of talents that should not be wasted. If there is anything anyone thinks I should do, feel free to let me know on this site or contact me via e-mail.
Respectfully,
Sean McGann

Lisa 23
10-10-09, 06:22 PM
Bulldog68, next time for future reference, make your own thread.
Most of the Marines here aren't Recruiters, nor are they Drs from MEPS. The Marines here will do the best to answer your questions, but we don't have no authority to change the situation that you are in or grant you a waiver. In my opinion, your questions can be best answered by a Recruiter and a Dr at MEPS, and since you said you were in before, a Recruiter will probably be able to get your SRB for more info on your shoulder injury.

bulldog68
10-11-09, 04:44 PM
How do I make my own thread?

Wyoming
10-11-09, 04:54 PM
Go to the home page.

Open up the Forums.

Go into Chesty's Hootch.

Click on New Topic.

... but if it is to continue your ****, methinks you had your last warning.

Combat History Explaining myself to retards on Leatherneck.com

Lisa 23
10-11-09, 05:12 PM
Go to the home page.

Open up the Forums.

Go into Chesty's Hootch.

Click on New Topic.

... but if it is to continue your ****, methinks you had your last warning.

BigAl, did you check out his interests......
Interests - Causing problems.

Wyoming
10-11-09, 05:20 PM
BigAl, did you check out his interests......
Interests - Causing problems.

Yeah, along with his Combat History.

Lisa 23
10-11-09, 05:24 PM
BigAl...he's changed his profile so many times, I don't think he even knows what the truth is about himself.

bulldog68
10-11-09, 06:56 PM
Are your lives that lonely that you have to act that way. I throw a bone and you all attack at the same time. Remember you are no better than I am. I was taught that CO's put their pant legs on, one leg at a time just like you and me. Thanks for your advice, but I dont know who made you spokespersons for the Corps. You are statring to sound like people who got beat up in high school and had to fellowship to gain acceptance. Leave me alone now unless you have something productive to say.

Lisa 23
10-11-09, 07:21 PM
You're the one who's acting like you're lonely, not us. If you've got to come here looking for attention by throwing a bone out there for us to see who's going to take it and what we have to say, well.....that doesn't say much for you. You're looking to 'cause problems' like you put in your profile.
If your feelings got hurt by what we've said to you with the constant profile changing, then Leatherneck.com isn't the place for you.
If you really are a Marine, then the question you posted here "doesn't" belong in the Ask A Marine forum, it belongs in either Chesty's Hooch or Open Squad Bay.

The Ask A Marine forum.........The purpose of this forum is to allow those who are aspiring to JOIN the U.S. Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice.

Petz
10-11-09, 08:47 PM
Are your lives that lonely that you have to act that way. I throw a bone and you all attack at the same time. Remember you are no better than I am. I was taught that CO's put their pant legs on, one leg at a time just like you and me. Thanks for your advice, but I dont know who made you spokespersons for the Corps. You are statring to sound like people who got beat up in high school and had to fellowship to gain acceptance. Leave me alone now unless you have something productive to say.

what does a CO putting his pants on have to do with anything at all about your sob story? If you did a search you'd find that there are threads (some that I started) that have a lot of everything you want to know and if it isn't clear for your situation you can post in them.

You sound like you starting to upset that people aren't bending over for you when you ask a question. Follow the site rules, keep your profile as it is, and don't act like you're gods gift to this site and you'll fit in fine and have all your questions answered.