PDA

View Full Version : MOS 2141 AAV tech.

SoontoBE89
09-19-09, 01:54 PM
I currently have a contract for MOS 2141 AAV tech/Repair. And was woundering if any marines have done this MOS and could help me out with some question i have. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shawn

:tank:

Lisa 23
09-19-09, 02:01 PM
Can't help you out with your question, but next time when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.
Please read the site rules in the Poolee forum.

tangovictor87
09-19-09, 03:08 PM
whats your question?

SoontoBE89
09-20-09, 09:22 AM
Yes i would like to know Overall how you liked the job, your routine day, where and how long was your schooling, and where were you stationed..as well would you recommend this job to someone.? Thanks Marine it would be greatly appreciated.

jasper7788
09-20-09, 10:45 AM
I wasn't a 2141 but I was assigned to 3rd AAV BN, Camp Pendleton, CA. I can tell you this. You will spend a lot of time in the field (Training) and a lot of time climbing around the inside of an AAV. You will definitely do at least 1 deployment. All in all it is not a bad MOS, if you get 3rd AAV's they are not a bad unit. Del Mar, Camp Pendleton is a great duty assignment. (You get to play on the beach all the time). Anyway, good luck!

tangovictor87
09-20-09, 11:22 AM
i was with 3rd tracs as well. the school is at del mar, its 3 months long. an aav is old and easy to work on, much like any construction equipment.

amtrackers drive grunts to their objective then support, from the trac or foot mobile. thus the term "Am-grunt." be prepared to pt almost everyday, be in the field and splashing a trac in the ocean once a month.

i'd recommend it

SoontoBE89
09-20-09, 12:08 PM
Thanks Marines, so If i get a contract for 2141 im guessing there are many options in just that MOS..? Anywhere from working on them to driving? even thought its title is Repairman\Tech.

BR34
09-20-09, 06:02 PM
I believe they have their own special version of the AAV they drive. Kinda like a AAV tow truck.

tangovictor87
09-20-09, 06:58 PM
you'll learn to drive the AAV-P7. when you hit the fleet and become maintenance chief you get an -R7. its got a boom crane, no up gunned weapon station.

i've worked with some tank mechanics on their junk too. they like to use the R7 because their recovery vehicle (m88) isn't as good in some instances.

Sham3R
11-04-10, 09:40 PM
im actually about to ship to MCT then to train to be AAV tech =)

rolandk
12-19-10, 01:55 PM
im actually about to ship to MCT then to train to be AAV tech =)

Good luck and thanks for serving your country!

I'm a former 2141, active duty 1984-1988. It was a great job and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in mechanics. I went to school at Del Mar, then 1st TVBN at Camp Schwab Okinawa for a year, then back to Schools Bn as an instructor for the remainder of my active duty. Good times.