PDA

View Full Version : Chrome dome?

Eric Hood
09-19-09, 07:40 AM
Fellow Marines!
When did they get rid of the "chrome dome" from boot camp? I have watched all the docs on boot, they don't seem to wear it anymore.
Semper Fi,
Eric

SgtThrasher
09-19-09, 08:30 AM
They were beginning the phase out when I went through PI in 1965!
Sgt.Lep might Know for sure!

Wyoming
09-19-09, 10:11 AM
Not sure if I was chrome dome, cause I thought that was done by razor, but I was clipped damm close at SD in '65.

However, to answer your question, I would have no clue.

FistFu68
09-19-09, 11:10 AM
:evilgrin: I gave one 2 my Nephews Gal this morning when I shaved Her snatch while He went Fishing 4 The weekend :p :banana:

vfm
09-19-09, 12:54 PM
I think what Cpl Hood is referring to were the helmet liners that were painted chrome color. When I went thru Parris Island in '71 we still had them.
SEMPER FI!!!
VFM

Big Jim
09-19-09, 12:58 PM
:evilgrin: I gave one 2 my Nephews Gal this morning when I shaved Her snatch while He went Fishing 4 The weekend :p :banana:

HAHAHAHA....somehow....I believe you Jack, my brother....you know that song from AC/DC called TNT...? Where Brian Johnson sings...."lock up your daughters....lock up your wives....head for the back door.... run for your lives..." I happen to hear it when I read this and thought of you, bro.....LOL

FistFu68
09-19-09, 01:11 PM
:evilgrin: Yea BIG JIM, TURN THAT SONG UP WAY UP!!! When my Tongue stops working I'm handing over My Command 2 You My Cockhound Brutha :p :iwo:

Rocky C
09-19-09, 03:24 PM
We still had them at PI in 1977.

Wyoming
09-19-09, 06:30 PM
I think what Cpl Hood is referring to were the helmet liners that were painted chrome color. When I went thru Parris Island in '71 we still had them.
SEMPER FI!!!
VFM

Nope, not at SD in '65.

sparkie
09-20-09, 06:46 AM
Summertime wear in P.I. Kept you're lilly white scull many degrees cooler. S.D. probably didn't need them. Didn't get that hot down on the beach.

Rocky C
09-20-09, 08:45 AM
Summertime wear in P.I. Kept you're lilly white scull many degrees cooler. S.D. probably didn't need them. Didn't get that hot down on the beach.

You Got That Right Sparkie :thumbup:
120 Degrees in the shade at PI, June, July and August :(.
HOT, HOT, HOT...

Drafter
09-20-09, 08:50 AM

SD never had them. It's a P.I. thing.