PDA

View Full Version : How is your CFT looking? They count now!

srinaldo86
09-18-09, 01:54 PM
Most of security battalion did ours on Wednesday, it was really gun. Lots of good competition going on.

I personally impressed myself with
Movement to fire (1/2mi): 3:02
Ammo Can: 91 (with 30 seconds left I walked away)
Movement under fire: 2:16

I personally love the CFT and hope it replaces the PFT. It's so much more job/combat related. Plus my score is so much better with the CFT over the PFT.
:beer: Time to go celebrate, let me know how you did!

RYDERKUR
09-18-09, 02:06 PM
I disagree. How is it combat related whatsoever? It's nothing more than another idea to make POGs feel like Grunts (I'm going to hear it for that one, but I believe it). It's just like adding Table 2 to the rifle scores. We've ran the relatively same rifle range and PFT for years and has always worked, so why change it all up now? Just like Table 2, the CFT is decent conditioning, but why make it for score and make everything so much more complex. When are you going to do a movement to contact running in boots and utes, and when are you going to lift an ammo can that weighs 35 pounds up and down abover your head 91 times and then do all sorts of stupid cone manuevars in the real world? I could go on and on. I just think its stupid.

Melancon
09-18-09, 02:33 PM
I disagree. How is it combat related whatsoever? It's nothing more than another idea to make POGs feel like Grunts (I'm going to hear it for that one, but I believe it). It's just like adding Table 2 to the rifle scores. We've ran the relatively same rifle range and PFT for years and has always worked, so why change it all up now? Just like Table 2, the CFT is decent conditioning, but why make it for score and make everything so much more complex. When are you going to do a movement to contact running in boots and utes, and when are you going to lift an ammo can that weighs 35 pounds up and down abover your head 91 times and then do all sorts of stupid cone manuevars in the real world? I could go on and on. I just think its stupid.
And how many times in combat will you do crunches for 2 mintes, 20 pull ups, and run 3 miles all in PT gear?

:thumbup: Personally, I like the CFT. I did my first one for score a couple weeks back and got a 282 so I have to improve on it.

RYDERKUR
09-18-09, 03:02 PM
Well, I should have assumed that would have came up. It is a more accurate representation of a person's state of physical fitness. Like I say, my negativity toward the CFT is just an opinion of mine.