Marine reservist and war objector fighting court-martial <br />
<br />
<br />
Corps says he was AWOL <br />
By Brett Martel <br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS <br />
10:43 a.m., August 10, 2003 <br />
<br />
NEW ORLEANS – A Marine reservist facing a...

USMC-FO
08-11-03, 10:08 AM
How did this guy ever make it through boot Camp such that we get to this point ?? !!! These cases never cease to amaze me !!

Seems pretty cut and dried to my mind; Off to the brig for 12-18 months, a DD and gone !

Super Dave
08-11-03, 10:17 AM
Why the hell did he join up anyway? Some people are just stupid and in need of being shot!!

GunsUp
08-11-03, 11:09 AM
He's another one of these people that it's okay to draw all the pay and benefits but can't cut it when it's time to stand up and be counted. Brig time... Nah... Just charge him with a felony, court...

devildog21345
08-11-03, 11:19 AM
The Corps should bring back the drumming out ceremony

USMC-FO
08-11-03, 11:32 AM
I could go with the above points easily: court martial, DD and a drum out. Seems well deserved in this case.

jinelson
08-11-03, 03:09 PM
Obviously the Lance Corporal misrepresented his intenions at the time of his enlistment as well as missing movement in time of war which was a very serious charge during my enlstment 1967-1971 and...

GunsUp
08-11-03, 04:51 PM
Yeah, a public display of drumming this individual out would probably be a well learned lesson to everyone present about intentionally missing a movement. <br />
<br />
The only time I ever saw something...

Sgt Sostand
08-11-03, 06:54 PM
The Court time shouldnt even be waisted send him stright to jail

thedrifter
08-11-03, 07:51 PM
Marine reservist and war objector fights court-martial <br />
<br />
By Brett Martel <br />
ASSOCIATED PRESS <br />
4:30 p.m., August 11, 2003 <br />
<br />
NEW ORLEANS – A Marine reservist facing a possible court-martial because he...

Phantom Blooper
08-11-03, 07:56 PM
This kid was probally a 'FUNK UP' from TD-1! Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall:marine:

greensideout
08-11-03, 09:00 PM
We had a Doctor here in Kansas City that was a member of a reserve army unit at the time of the Gulf War.

She enjoyed the fact that the government paid for her education, paid her for drill with the army unit and would give her a retirement check at age sixty. But when it was time to go to war, (as a doctor working to save the lives of our troops), she said NO, she would not go.

What the hel* are these people doing in our military?

The SGT's and CO didn't know that this Funk kid was a dirtbag?
I would have thought that the system worked better then that in the Corps! He should have been gone a long time ago!

top1371
08-11-03, 11:34 PM
A lot of people shold have been gone a long time ago. But in this day and age you cant do a thing untill they DO something.

Semper Fi,

MillRatUSMC
08-11-03, 11:46 PM
What in hades is going on?

In case some missed this point;
At least 22 other Marine reservists have declared themselves conscientious objectors to war. None of the others are being prosecuted, the Marines have said, because they continued to report for duty while their applications for conscientious objector status were under review.

22 other Marine reservists have declared themselves conscientious objectors to war...draw the pay in time of peace but refuse to go to war during a time for war.

Question will we better off without these Axxholes...
What in hades is going on?
Mad as hades in northwest Indiana

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Devildogg4ever
08-12-03, 03:51 AM
What do these people think they are joining or becoming a member of! Whats the difference in that and turning your back on your country? Give all of them a BCD!

CAS3
08-12-03, 10:56 AM
It amazes me that this FUNK person got in at all. I get so angry with the "I joined so I could go to school"
He should have just told them he was gay from the start.
I hope the results of his court martial are publicized as much as his anti war protesting was.

jegries
08-12-03, 01:21 PM
I believe that he should be tried with treason, to announce your intentions of not reporting during war time and expect leniancey is insulting. If in fact he was gay upon signing then that is fraud of the goverment. Either way FUNK should get the book thrown at him. This is not a civilian matter but a military one. He abandoned his platoon in time of war when he was needed and that makes him a deserter. If he knew the possible consequences then he is to be held to them.

mardet65
08-12-03, 01:52 PM
Don't prosecute them, don't punish them, boot em' out. If they don't want to be Marines, we don't want or need them. If these jag-off's just want to wear a uniform they should join the Boy Scouts or female equivalent.
Stop wasting time on them!