PDA

View Full Version : Enlistment Question Regarding Dependency waivers

BrokenRhythm
09-17-09, 02:43 AM
Hello to all. Here is my situation:Im 27 married with 2 kids. I was working with a Marine Corps Recruiter going through the enlistment process. Took the AFQT and passed and was scheduled to take the ASVAB. My recruiter calls and says that he had bad news and that my enlistment process stopped. He says that he couldn't get a sign off on the dependency waiver that I needed due to my wife and 2 kids. I was crushed! I have been wanting to serve with the Marine Corps since I was a freshmen in High School. Its been a dream of mine for a while! My recruiter said that his commanding officer doesn't sign off on the waiver anymore and that now all waiver requests must be signed off by the commanding general. He tells me that the officers in the middle of his commanding officer and the commanding general aren't entertaining waivers at this time. Now I am wondering if this is factual or garbage? What to do in this situation? Would it make any difference to try another recruiter maybe in a different district? Is there any way around this waiver? I have been researching waivers and it doesn't look like anything is in my favor on this one... Much help would be appreciated.....
Thanks,
BrokenRhythm

GREY MATTER
09-17-09, 03:20 AM
the sad fact of the matter is the Marine Corps is at its manning quota. its doubtful any recruiter will be able to get it signed off. but you can try another district recruiter and maybe they wont be so adamant about the waivers. perhaps a recruiting office that never makes its quota, but thats not something you'd be able to investigate