PDA

View Full Version : Will the physical in bootcamp be as intense as MEPS?

BIGPLANS09
09-16-09, 09:38 PM
I was wondering what kind of things will they check for in bootcamp physical. Like will I have to strip down again and do the duck walk and all that ****? Thanks in advance marines

Lisa 23
09-16-09, 09:46 PM
First...When using the word Marines, it will always be capitalized!
Second...What is it with this questions latley. There are bigger things to worry about in boot camp other than worring about what the physical is going to be like when you get there.

BIGPLANS09
09-16-09, 09:52 PM
I just want to know because I passed at Meps and I dont wanna be sent home at Boot Camp for something going wrong you know. Because one of the docs at Meps said Its possible I may have a characteristic of Scoliosis but If I did nothing major. I don't want to go to the physical at Camp and they find something wrong with me when I passed at MEPS

Lisa 23
09-16-09, 09:56 PM
'Deal with it when you get to camp'...how about boot camp.

In my opinion, we really can't answer that question for you. You'll just have to wait and see what happens at the physical at "boot camp" when you get there.

BIGPLANS09
09-16-09, 10:01 PM
Im sure Its different for females at boot camp physical but would you say you pretty much had to do the same thing you did at MEPS or was it much quicker?

Lisa 23
09-16-09, 10:06 PM
I went thru boot camp 21 years ago, and you sure as heck can't compare what I went thru to what Recruits go thru today.....male or female.
You'll just have to wait until you get there to see what's going to happen with the Dr's there. None of us here know what they may or maynot do, that is with the exception of the young PFC's who went thru not so long ago. You'll just have to wait and see if any of the young Marines stop by so they can answer your question better.

BIGPLANS09
09-16-09, 10:17 PM
Ill just wait for a PFC to come then. I appreciate your help mam

dizark
09-16-09, 11:16 PM
Hmm, I honestly don't remember another physical like at MEPS. We had to do the hearing test, a vision test, **** test, blood work/shots, and a dental checkup.

BIGPLANS09
09-17-09, 01:41 AM
Yea but did you have to go thru all that again at the boot camp physical?

Lisa 23
09-17-09, 08:25 AM
Hmm, I honestly don't remember another physical like at MEPS. We had to do the hearing test, a vision test, **** test, blood work/shots, and a dental checkup.
I believe the LCpl answered your question by saying all that they had to do was the hearing test, a vision test, pi** test., blood work/shots, and a dental checkup.
Unless another Marine comes along and has anything else to add to the above, you have your answer.

Equipped Possum
09-17-09, 10:21 AM
No you don't have to strip down and do the duck walk. Stop worrying about stupid stuff and go do some pushups.

NoRemorse
09-17-09, 10:31 AM
If you have an issue now that you didn't disclose at MEPS then you WILL have a problem later. Get an injury related to your condition and you'll be staring at an Erroneous enlistment or more likely a Fraudulent enlistment.

The physical at Boot is nowhere near as rigorous as the one at MEPS but it does focus on different things. You'll be getting pricked, you'll be getting shots, they'll take pints from you, you'll get an in-depth hearing test, another vision test, fitted for glasses if necessary and during all of that you'll have the opportunity to reveal anything you may have concealed or lied about at the Moment of Truth.

If you have a pre-existing condition and its documented then concentrate on making it through Boot.

commdog7
09-17-09, 11:08 AM
If you have a pre-existing condition, it will likely be discovered sooner or later. DO NOT FRAUDULENTLY ENLIST!!! I don't care if your recruiter told you to keep quiet about something, you need to speak up- it's your career, and life, that's on the line. Start off on the right foot, you don't want to live a lie hoping no one finds out.

BIGPLANS09
09-17-09, 11:54 AM
I appreciate the replies Marines! And I disclosed everything at MEPS, which was nothing because I haven't had any surgery or done drugs/alcohol , NOTHING. Its just that THEY said something about me. And they didn't tell me I had it . The lady was just walking behind me and was like you may have a characteristic but nothing major. Im very active in Physical Training functions and doing my own workouts and I have no problems. **** I wasn't even aware that I may have had the characteristic. I just got concerned because I was hearing about Poolees passing MEPS and failing the physical at boot camp and so I decided to post on here.