PDA

View Full Version : Sports in The Corp

mac34
09-16-09, 04:49 PM
My dad played football in the Marines back in the early 80's. My recruiter has told me they still have a lot of different team sports, including a Marine lacrosse team. Has anyone any info on the lacrosse team.

Thanks,
Ben

Rocky C
09-16-09, 04:58 PM
No, but here you go!!!

http://www.usmc-mccs.org/sports/index.cfm?sid=ml

Old Marine
09-16-09, 05:09 PM
Is that the game they play with little sticks that have tiny nets on the end? Those same sticks could double as butterfly nets.i

mac34
09-16-09, 05:14 PM
Thanks, quick search did not show lacrosse. My dad just said it would probably be camp teams in the FLEET, not an official USMC team. He played football for his Infantry Training School (ITS) at (San Onifray?) in Camp Pendleton. What club sports teams have you Marines seen in the FLEET resonantly.

Thanks,
Ben

mac34
09-16-09, 05:22 PM
Not quite:

Brief History
With a history that spans centuries, lacrosse is the oldest sport in North America. Rooted in Native American religion, lacrosse was often played to resolve conflicts, heal the sick, and develop strong, virile men. To Native Americans, lacrosse is still referred to as "The Creator's Game."

Ironically, lacrosse also served as a preparation for war. Legend tells of as many as 1,000 players per side, from the same or different tribes, who took turns engaging in a violent contest. Contestants played on a field from one to 15 miles in length, and games sometimes lasted for days. Some tribes used a single pole, tree or rock for a goal, while other tribes had two goalposts through which the ball had to pass. Balls were made out of wood, deerskin, baked clay or stone.

thewookie
09-16-09, 05:35 PM
Wicked p*ssa, thanks for the useless info. Get back on the pull up bar poolee....

Not quite:

Brief History
With a history that spans centuries, lacrosse is the oldest sport in North America. Rooted in Native American religion, lacrosse was often played to resolve conflicts, heal the sick, and develop strong, virile men. To Native Americans, lacrosse is still referred to as "The Creator's Game."

Ironically, lacrosse also served as a preparation for war. Legend tells of as many as 1,000 players per side, from the same or different tribes, who took turns engaging in a violent contest. Contestants played on a field from one to 15 miles in length, and games sometimes lasted for days. Some tribes used a single pole, tree or rock for a goal, while other tribes had two goalposts through which the ball had to pass. Balls were made out of wood, deerskin, baked clay or stone.

Lisa 23
09-16-09, 05:49 PM
Don't mean to be a smart a$$, but how does lacrosse have anything to do with boot camp or info on ones MOS?

Rocky C
09-16-09, 05:53 PM
Don't mean to be a smart a$$, but how does lacrosse have anything to do with boot camp or info on ones MOS?

MOS 0001- Waterboy for the Lacrosse Team :D.

Lisa 23
09-16-09, 06:49 PM
MOS 0001- Waterboy for the Lacrosse Team :D.

http://www302.lunapic.com/editor/working/125314510689133?2664068271

mac34
09-16-09, 07:42 PM
My dad says your all abunch of POGS. and judging by all his Marine friends and my brothers. You folks are the minority and a poor representation of the real Corp. Adults with no lives....... The nerds of the Corp!