PDA

View Full Version : for all you old car guys

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 06:32 AM
it seems as though that now more than ever marines are getting their cars sponsored. well i dont know if any of you can tell me but how the hell are they doing it.. i have tried tons of places and they wont touch my car. and i have a car with twice the potential of these little ricers. anybody that can help is thanked deeply:usmc::flag:

Supersquishy
09-16-09, 06:42 AM
Are you sure their not just slapping stickers on to look like they are sponsored? Sometimes they(car owner) might get a discount on an item if they put the company logo on ther junk.

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 06:45 AM
i have seen several younger guys' contracts. and i know about that but you cant tell the difference in those guys

Supersquishy
09-16-09, 06:52 AM
I had a friend in the Marines that really was sponsored, he had a VW Ricer, the sponsor paid for the wide body kit, installed it and painted it all professionally, looked excellent. But his contract if Im correct said he had to show it in x amount of car shows in southern cali. and yes he had the stickers on the car, but it looked professional. His cars were in some of those car magazine.

EDIT: Its all about who you know, how much money you are able to spend to make your car stand out. My friend inherited a wad of money for the rest of his life, and spent lots into his cars. Plus the fact he had friends in that field.

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 07:07 AM
I had a friend in the Marines that really was sponsored, he had a VW Ricer, the sponsor paid for the wide body kit, installed it and painted it all professionally, looked excellent. But his contract if Im correct said he had to show it in x amount of car shows in southern cali. and yes he had the stickers on the car, but it looked professional. His cars were in some of those car magazine.

EDIT: Its all about who you know, how much money you are able to spend to make your car stand out. My friend inherited a wad of money for the rest of his life, and spent lots into his cars. Plus the fact he had friends in that field.

thats what i was going to say... i really would like to get to know some of the guys in the field

ggyoung
09-16-09, 12:07 PM
CPLSNODGRASS============I have a question for you. Was your father or grandfather in the Corps?

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 12:31 PM
CPLSNODGRASS============I have a question for you. Was your father or grandfather in the Corps?
nope...

BR34
09-16-09, 12:46 PM
What kinda car you got CPLSNODGRASS?

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 12:49 PM
1989 ford tbird with a 351 windsor supercharged

GREY MATTER
09-16-09, 03:23 PM
pics please. <br />
<br />
unless that thing is completely unique or a 9 sec 1/4 mile i can see why you are having a tough time getting sponsors...an 89 Tbird is kinda a car not many people care about. <br />

BR34
09-16-09, 03:29 PM
Well there's your problem!

BR34
09-16-09, 03:31 PM
pics please.

unless that thing is completely unique or a 9 sec 1/4 mile i can see why you are having a tough time getting sponsors...an 89 Tbird is kinda a car not many people care about.

companies tend to sponsor cars that fit the trends.
what companies are you trying to get sponsored by?

I would say it has to be a 8 second car for someone to sponsor it, and at that point it would probably be pointless to get a sponsor since there probably wouldn't be much potential for it to go faster.

There's way too many 9 second F-bodies and Rustangs out there for someone to throw a sponsorship at a Tbird.

CPLSNODGRASS
09-16-09, 03:39 PM
yea well i dont see many tbirds at the drag strip and i need more body work than anything done i can do most of the engine crap myself so i dont need that

GREY MATTER
09-17-09, 02:09 AM
yea well i dont see many tbirds at the drag strip and i need more body work than anything done i can do most of the engine crap myself so i dont need that

in most cases sponsors look for cars that are about 90% finished. to them its all about reputation..get it looking pretty and start handing people their asses at the drag strip you have to stand out from the crowd to get noticed.

as far as your friends that are sponsored with cars that are incomplete they most like signed up with carsponsorship.com its basically a scam claiming to get smoking deals..when in essence you dont get any good deals on the good stuff. they make you show your car alot, and you have to have their decals on your car

GREY MATTER
09-17-09, 02:12 AM
I would say it has to be a 8 second car for someone to sponsor it, and at that point it would probably be pointless to get a sponsor since there probably wouldn't be much potential for it to go faster.

There's way too many 9 second F-bodies and Rustangs out there for someone to throw a sponsorship at a Tbird.

8 seconds for a V8 yeah...but i have friends that have 10-12 second cars that get some sort of minor sponsorship...but they are 4 cylinder cars and full on show cars that are trailered everywhere they go

CPLSNODGRASS
09-17-09, 07:57 AM
Thats The Thing All I Need Is My Body Kit And A Paint Job Then I Am Going To Do The Interior. But This Is My Daily Driver Right Now Once It Is Done I Am Going To Make My Bike My Daily Driver