PDA

View Full Version : How are you seperated at boot?

Jaybaker87
09-15-09, 10:18 AM
I was just wandering i been trying to get in shape i cut a minute and half of my mile 1/2 and three mins off my three mile. I know im not in as well of shape as some recruits. On your initail pt is that how they separate us into groups? I dont want to be in the slow group for sure but i ony have a month till i ship if i plac bad at first could i get moved to a better group? Also my mile and 1/2 time is twelve mins how bad off am i?

BR34
09-15-09, 10:26 AM
If it's an individual run you'll just get left by anyone who's faster than you. If it's a squad run the slowest person runs in the front of the squad with the fastest in the back.

ecom
09-15-09, 04:08 PM
There were a few times when the platoon was divided into 3 units, fast, med, slow. They allowed us to chose which unit. The ones in the fast group were those running about 20 minutes or less in the 3 mile run.

Hologram
09-15-09, 08:31 PM
There were a few times when the platoon was divided into 3 units, fast, med, slow. They allowed us to chose which unit. The ones in the fast group were those running about 20 minutes or less in the 3 mile run.
This.

Also, it's looked highly upon if people know you're a turtle but you get in a faster group. Now obviously don't do something you can't handle, but don't be a ***** about things either. It's all up to you. As my gunny says all the time, "You're the one that has to go home and look yourself in the mirror and say 'I put out and am a better person because of it' or 'I didn't push myself and didn't get anything out of the experience.'"

That doesn't apply to only pt, either.